Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A rough and ready check of lap times as shown on motoGP site shows Rossi lost a lot of time just after being passed by Edwards on lap 15. It wasn't until lap 20 that his speed exceeded Edwards. Then Edwards slowed quite a bit on laps 30 and 31.Check comparable times:

lap -------VR-------CE

30 1'24.862 1'25.325

31 1'24.576 1'25.411

32 1'24.753 1'24.885

Edwards got his finger out on the last lap. Rossi hit his highest top speed by far on the penulimate lap-a 251 and change. He was trying.

But I wasn't there so you could be right.

From the lap times it looks as though Rossi had the wind knocked out of hs sails being passed by Edwards at the Corkscrew.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I don't think he is ready for canonization just yet.

My guess is he wasn't going to stick his neck out at what he said was a dangerous track this stage of the season and being on the podium was enough and he said as much. But I don't think he could have beaten Nicky in any case.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I was wondering about that. As there is nothing on the Czycz website I thought maybe it did'nt happen.

James Parker writing in Motorcyclist pretty much dismantled the bike's inovations as pointless but I don't think he rode it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.