Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rossi is not only the best bike racer in the world, he's also the noblest.

He knew how much anticipation there was for this race from the 2 American riders, he saw they had a decent drive in they're spirits and knows he already carries the 05' GP championship in his shirt pocket, so he said to himself (in Italian of course): "What the hell, I'll let them have they're 15 minutes, it's not like they'll win anything back in Europe and they won't change anything in the top of the chart, so my friend Marco will still be 2nd." And then he just continued cruising down hill in neutral while he enjoys the view.

I really didn't see any fighting spirit in the way he was riding in Laguna, definitely not the Rossi that kicked Sete out of the race in the last corner in Spain (and braking his spirit completely by doing so).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: What about Gibernau, Biaggi, etc.? The Rossi dogged it theory doesn't work.

I think that if Edwards had a better start he would get Nicky, he was getting closer and closer the last few laps.

As for Rossi, he was enjoying his Californian vacation, all I saw of him was cruising around not taking any chances, if it was the last race of the season with points critical for the championship, he would eat Nicky & Colin alive, even if it is his 1st time there and Nicky can ride the circuit with his eyes closed. It's just his thing, you could see that Nicky was using everything he had for leading and winning this race, while Rossi looked like he was cruising. Ask my wife how I yelled at him (the TV) to kick it up a notch and show what he's made of, but he chose to play it safe. Well, he can afford to, he can also afford to sit home for the next 2 rounds and watch them on TV like I was. He'll still win the damn championship, he should move to Formula 1.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: What about Gibernau, Biaggi, etc.? The Rossi dogged it theory doesn't work.

Or maybe it was the red wine white wine mix, the night before the race, Sean is this your fault he was drunk on race day?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: He was dogging it. Sort of.

I should watch a rerun of the race maybe I missed something.

He was too cautious in my point of view, but what I meant was that he didn't need to fight off either Nicky or Colin because they don't really matter in the championship points race.

Don't get me wrong, Nicky had a brilliant weekend, but there's nothing I like better then watching Rossi race under pressure. The man's a canon, he just didn't feel the pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.