Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Re: A different view. Hayden and Edwards turned the corner and Rossi can be beat.

I think Rossi raced very cautiously. His unfamiliarity with the track, and the concerns he raised about the track's safety played into his race strategy. I'm not so sure that the corner has been turned or that Valentino will be consistently beatable. Actually I highly doubt it. Hopefully for Nicky and Colin, they have turned the corner, but I don't see them challenging Valentino for the MotoGP title anytime soon.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Re: A different view. Hayden and Edwards turned the corner and Rossi can be beat.

OK maybe my respect and admiration for Nicky and Colin are clouding things. But Rossi has had the advantage of growing up at all those motogp tracks. Time will tell if things have changed I think so. but we will see huh.

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I was wondering about that. As there is nothing on the Czycz website I thought maybe it did'nt happen.

James Parker writing in Motorcyclist pretty much dismantled the bike's inovations as pointless but I don't think he rode it.

· Registered
312 Posts
I saw it, heard it and rode with the owner in the hotel elevator. he and joey, you know the guy from friends were riding in the same elevator with us at the monterey plaza.

it wasa surreal race weekend. i said it on this forum bfore. that bike won't race.

· Registered
6 Posts
The other advantage of taking the shuttle instead of scooting around on the dusty back roads of LSR is the survival of your drivechain. I've camped out at past USGP and Monterey Historics events, and my chain always ended up trashed after the trips, no matter how much lube I tried applying at the racetrack, after getting to pavement...

That fine red dust is just murder!

- Jim

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.