Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Congrats to kpaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet (GMP)

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was a good day for riding in west MI. I did a G.R., Ionia, Hastings loop this afternoon. Most of the bikes I saw were Harleys (including mine). Hooray for Nicky! I saw him & Roger

race at Grattan, MI when they were about fourteen. Next year should be very interesting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nicky fought against so many obstacles that were thrown at him this year: 1) Honda MADE him use an untested prototype bike; 2) Rossi passed on a waving yellow flag during a race and was never penalized. When DORNA reviewed the tape, they said an error was made but never penalized Rossi which would have subtracted points from him and increased Nicky's lead; 3) His pathetic partner took him out at Estoril and cost Nicky the championship lead that gave 20 twenty points to Rossi going into the final race of the year. Nicky handled this with an unbelievable amount of class. He didn't even diss the guy when murder would have been an appropriate reaction and; 4) Even though Nicky was supposed to be HRC's #1 rider, he was treated as a second class citizen by Honda all year compared to Pedrosa. I don't understand for the life of me why Nicky resigned with these miserable and over demanding skumwads.

No one ever thought that Rossi crashing was even a remote possibility, let alone making it the deciding factor for the championship. No one in the history of GP racing has gone through the adversity Nicky had to endure this year and won the championship before. Nicky is an incredible class act and a great representative for our country and our sport. Congratulations to Nicky and his parents who did an amazing job of raising three sons all of which are such a great credit to the USA and motorcycling.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: What a day for kpaul the GMP

And they in turn call you "howlie" which in Hawaiian means "He whose luggage is still in Los Angeles".

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Well, who would have predicted that?

Really happy for Hayden but a little disappointed that we were deprived of the big showdown. That said, even if he had not binned it, Rossi didn't look like he had it today. A terrible start and Chris V. was making things tough for him before the yellow bike, incredibly, went down. I was shocked.

Rossi showed incredible grace in defeat.

What happens next year? With the new 800cc regs, how will the playing field change? Will Suzuki get a real bike? Will the Franco-Japanese alliance at Kawasaki become a legitimate power or simply surrender early in the campaign? Is all forgiven in the Repsol paddock and will HRC get its act totally together? Will KR have a second bike (not piloted by Kurtis Roberts)? Will Ilmor get proper funding? Is Ducati now the biggest threat? Will Casey Stoner ever get out of the gravel?

Should be fun.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Nicky is the man. The non-believers can suck hind tit. The guy took a bike that hasn't been right for half a season and he brought it home. The coolest thing was hearing Rossi- He really likes racing Nicky and you could tell. He said wonderfully nice things to Nicky and spoke of his family with respect of a true world champ. I read a blurb that had Rossi saying to Earl in short that he was sorry Nicky was taken out in Portugal. He also told Earl that he hoped Nicky could come back and win the World Championship. That's stand up stuff.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts