Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Possibly the stupidest performance I have ever seen in any sport in my entire life.

The depths of Pedrosa's idiocy cannot be fathomed. Honda should fire him now.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
You're joking, right?

Hayden was in the championship lead. Pedrosa was out of it. As his teammate, he had NO BUSINESS PASSING HIM. Every point he earns ahead of Hayden is a point Hayden doesn't get.

Once Nicky passed him, it was Pedrosa's duty as an HRC team member to stay back and keep pressure off of him. He never, EVER should have put himself in a position to be dicing with Hayden. And you can bet the team-oriented Honda brass feel the same way, in spades.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Jiffy, you don't seem to understand this situation. It has been explained to you. You are being obtuse.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: By the way, I meant

OK, but don't let it happen again. You just missed bad feedback by a hare's breath.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Not unless Rossi DNF's. Right?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Regardless, there was no reason to even be that close where a small mistake could be disasterous."

Exactly. And perhaps the "no team orders" policy stems from the fact that anybody who's not Jiffy or a gerbil would have the common sense to get the hell out of the way of a teammate in the championship hunt.

So perhaps Honda will put up a poster in the paddocks saying, "Don't pass your points-leading teammate in the final races of the season. If your house is on fire, get out of it. And - we can't stress this enough - do not stick your face in a fan. "

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I wonder if Dani will go to the opposite extreme at Valencia and kamikaze Rossi.

(I know, that's goofy. But if he dices with Rossi and they go down, you can bet that will be the speculation.)

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Oh. Well, in that case, Pedrosa did nothing wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts