Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The really sad thing no one has mentioned yet is that was the second or third extremely agressive move Pedrosa had made on Hayden.

Hayden got by him and looked to be setting up Edwards who was holding him up. Twice before the wreck Pedrosa made an extemely agressive move on Hayden (who was obviously held up by Edwards). Hayden and Pedrosa actually bumped each other three turns before the boneheaded $&$%^&*! crashed Hayden out.

I don't know what Pedrosa was trying to prove but from now on "Pulling a Pedrosa" will be the worst insult I can throw at somebody.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pedrosa's a great rider but this was b#$%^ move - just admit it.

Rossi's 3 DNFs just equate to Hayden's year long battle to develop a new motorcycle. What if Hayden had the fully developed bike that Pedrosa rode all year? Hayden was supposed to be the backmarker this year riding the bastard 800cc990cc development bike. No one knows what Honda's plan for this bike are but it's well known it wasn't as fast as pedrosa's bike through the first 6 races. Then as it finally started working the clutch started having problems. Causing several mid pack finishes - again comparable to Rossi's DNFs.

Personally I think Rossi caused his own problems this year. Before the season he was too busy driving rally cars and F1 cars and skipped some test sessions. His development problems are his alone. That being said it shows his skill that even not fully concentrating on MotoGP for the full season (in particular early development sessions) he has pulled back so strong.

Regardless I want an american to win and Pedrosa just singlehandedly largely killed those hopes. I hate that robotic spanish midget sonofa%^&*!

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's important to not that Nicky was NOT supposed to be the team leader this year. He took the 800cc/990cc development bike and made himself the team leader with what many believe was inferior equipment earlier in the season.

Honda's team decisions have always been an enigma, but I think they had a hard time deciding how to deal with the "second rider" pushing himself to the front all season.

Regardless as Nicky stated in his interview the only thing that Pedrosa can do to make it up is to get a second in Valencia to Nicky's first place finish. It's Nicky's best shot for the title.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Lack of Team orders is to blame.

In Edwards interview he was very blunt about protecting Rossi. He didn't seem to even know how to talk about the PedrosaHayden incident - it was almost like he couldn't keep from smiling that the Honda camp could be so stupid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree Hayden was blocking but I didn't think that Pedrosa had actually shown him a wheel.

In that first incident it looked to me that Pedrosa was trying something that couldn't have stuck and I thought Hayden was more or less saying "settle down son this is my line and you can't have it".

Your right though it probably did get Pedrosa's blood up, but I still think Pedrosa shouldn't have tried that first move either. He should have known better than to try any kind of close pass on Nicky under the circumstances.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.