Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is ridiculous the posts I am reading. Accidents happen people. Pedrosa didn't take out Hayden on purpose. It is a shame that it happened but come on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Besides the possible clutch problem Hayden has had every opportunity to win. He didn't really win enough while others were having problems. Rossi had a DNF. Hayden has one now too. No matter what caused the DNF it is now even. So to say Hayden was robbed is not really true. He could have placed better in some other races to have a better point lead.

·
Registered
47 Posts
http://www.motomummy.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=20480

"I don't know what to say really - it just hurts," said a stunned Hayden. "I don't expect Dani to pull over and let me by but I definitely didn't expect him to do that. We're professionals and Dani did come to my motorhome and talk to me afterwards and we shook hands."

"What can I say? I made a mistake and I'm really sorry," offered Pedrosa. "It's the first time I've hit another rider in my career - it's never happened before in practice or racing in six years and it's happened at the worst moment that I could do it. Obviously I'm very unhappy and Nicky is not happy and I just want to apologise because I made a mistake. I said sorry to Nicky and I can understand that he is very upset – I wish I could change it. I didn't want to pass him at that moment. I braked and my rear wheel came off the ground and then it touched the ground again, I got a little more speed. I couldn't stop the bike and there was nowhere to go. I have a fracture in my little finger but we have time for it to be ok for Valencia."

·
Registered
47 Posts
No one is saying that pedrosa didnt screw up. The point is Hayden lost the championship long ago. He didnt race hard enough to keep his point lead.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think your taking it the wrong way and not looking at all the facts. Rossi had problems many many problems. Hayden has had relatively few. The clutch is the only problem and it was just a problem for the starts from what I have read. The clutch problem has also been used as a proverbial crutch for all the Hayden fans. I said Hayden should have done better to keep a bigger cushion. That is a fact. I get tired of Hayden fans acting like Hayden is being robbed of the championship. That is BS. If he loses it, then he only has himself to blame. If Rossi loses it to Hayden it, then he also only has himself to blame. DNF's, crashes, etc happen in racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts