Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986 yamaha Virago 700 with 15,186 miles on it When I first start riding there is no problem but after I get where I'm going and shut off the bike even for a couple of hours and I restart it it starts fine but as soon as I give it gas it boggs down at first the it will start going fine but as soon as I change gears it boggs again it does this all thru the gears and after 5th gear it boggs at first then it 's ok untill the last time it wouldn't go past 55 mph then after about a 1/4 mile it started to slow down I tried to get to the off ramp but as soon as I let off the throttel it died I had to tow it home the only way I can get it to run is to put the choke on full the it will barly keep it's self running. this is my first bike at the age of 42 please help if possable I have limmited income due to a disabilty so the repair shop is a last resort. Thank You. David

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.