Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
OK class. The moral of this story is...?

a. Always wear your protective gear.

b. Look before you pass a slow moving vehicle.

c. Never ride a Triumph motorcycle.

d. Do not attend motorcycle shows with your family.

e. You get second chances in life.

F. Always be happy.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"The guy's got a lot of fundamental integrity and moral strength. Not everybody has that."

Had a ****er Spaniel like that once...

·
Registered
73 Posts

Misc Thankfully this young character is still alive and ultimately doing well, but beyond that it's hard for me to have much empathy for the dude. Read on and you'll see what I'm talking about.--Pete

I have empathy. One moment of inattention cost him 2 limbs. Haven't we all had a distracted moment when things could have gone bad, but luckily didn't?

He seems to have a great attitude and strong will to live.. good on ya kid!

·
Registered
466 Posts
probably not his first accident ?

I believe in wearing gear all the time, but nothing is gonna save you if you collide with anything head-on at highway speeds. He needed more caution but caution usually comes from living thru lesser accidents and reflecting later on what went wrong. I wish him well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wonder if the bike was of the early TT600 variety that had fuel-injection problems from the get-go--if so, the "hesitation" while alongside the van could've been attributed to that.

Any TT600 riders want to comment?

One more reason why I choose to ride a Honda, even though there are much more beautiful and sporty bikes on the road. They don't dare put out a bike with fuel injection problems that could happen at the worst possible time--like passing on a two-lane road.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: The Difference Between a Safe Attitude and a ****y One

Being young and ****y can be exhilarating, but it can make life a lot harder in the long run.

The lesson here is, don't risk anything you don't want to lose -- such as an arm, a leg, or a life -- by making careless, ****y moves.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Riding on two-lane country roads is among the most dangerous circumstances possible for motorcyclists. A twisty ribbon of pavement with beautiful scenery is certainly tempting but traffic, obstacles, and the unexpected make it exceedingly risky. I feel much safer at 140mph on the racetrack than I do at 70mph in the country.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm with you DD. Geez- the guy messed up. This whole "he deserves to be crippled" mentality is just mean-spirited. I've done stupid things on 2-wheels, 4-wheels, ladders, and with power tools. I guess I'm the only one who does dumb things around here.

Thankfully, I've never had stitches, never broke a bone, and never had to replace a part in my 39 years of blundering-about. Perhaps even better- I never let my stupidity hurt another.

Should my ticket come due- I hope I can have the attitude this poor guy does (who did a stupid thing and got spanked)

More than likely I'll get by, live to a ripe old age and just sit at home and type nonsense on web-sites.

You're all a bunch of long-haired hippies. Now get off my lawn.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Amen,we have a two lane road on the southwest outskirts of Las Vegas[boondocks] and we get more accidents/deaths there per capita than any other road in the city. I stopped breathing 5 times before I was 5 yrs old and had open heart sugery at the age of 7 yrs old back in 1957.I am now 55yrs old. Lovely winding road,I refuse to take it.God gave me enough chances,I figure I owe him not to be too reckless on my bike.Wish the young man luck,and he has a great woman.I don,t know too many women who would stand by him.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.