Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a related story, Tina's Happy Endings Rest Stop is closed after a local called authorities concerned about a "strange subtance" oozing from the premises.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
One more of the many, many reasons I'm glad I live on the West Coast. A typical response here would be to have a few No Loitering signs and a cop doing drive thru's writing tickets for whatever violation they could think of. I can't believe you guys put up with this sh*t along with the overcrowding and totally anal state governments.

"Just give me land lots of land under starry skies above..."

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discrimination much?

I think that banning a certian group of people due to their choice of transportation is just as bad as banning them due to their colour, creed or sexual preference. I can't imagine it being legal.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I don't know, it's private property and if there are a bunch of asshats stunting and taking up lots of space all night, BJ's has a right to take some action. Of course, I don't know what's actually going on there and I don't see how they can single out just motorcycles. Arrest and tow? Sounds like a questionable business decision.

BJ's is a large wholesale club similar to Costco and they've probably got a big parking lot. But if they're finding that a lot of riders are interfering with their business in a significant way--remember there are liability issues here, too--then they're going to feel compelled to do something.

We do seem to have a growing problem in the Northeast with some real idiotic riders. I think it's time that we speak up when we see members of the "community" making it worse for all of us.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
It's not discrimination if it's based on behavior. As this clearly is. How many people are going to BJ's after 6 on a bike to shop? You can't fit a 24-pack of mayo on the average pillion.

It's private property that people are using as a hangout. Annoyingly. Am-scray.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Go West Young Man and kpaul's trip report.

Have to agree with sarnali glad I live out west... Seems like here folks like bikers and their money.
Now for kpaul's Trip report
[*]lunatic-fringe was right 123 was closed so I decided to follow a group of BMW riders and took 410 over Chinook pass to Yakima. [*]Chinook Pass reminded me of real moutain passes in Colorado like Burthod and Loveland Pass. [*]We stopped a few times and I started talking to them (surprised).. These guys were serious Iron Butt types with BMW twins..[*] Even though my Kawasaki 01 was judged by MO to be a good sport tourer compared to the VFR back iin its day .. I saw first hand the BMW low end torque advantage they could roll on off where I was in either in to low or high gear going up the pass.. Maybe a lighter rider or a couple hundred ccs would of done the trick. [*]Anyway great trip. Arms aren't sore yep maybe the 5 times a week of 40 min on the Precor ellipitical I got for my birthday last year are working.. butt got numb though.

kwave index

BMW riders who wave 100%

Sporbike riders who waved 100%

Metric cruisers who waved 100&

Harley riders who waved 80%

HD riders 100% east of the mountians in Ws (red-state) terrirtory near Yakima. HD riders very friendly out there. Probably lack of the Rich Urban biker was why

Need two bikes now a real sport tourer and a sport bike..Have to go to St. Louis and Chicago these next two weeks so if you don't hear from me... have a good week.

kpaul sez go west young man

Lots of friendly places here in WA for bikers. East of the mountains the places say it on signs bikers welcome..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
ditto for me WA is such a pretty state and for the most part biker friendly.... Think I'lll retire east of the mountains... Have a good week sarnali..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Go West Young Man and kpaul's trip report.

Fixed Link

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
All those darn kids need is a community recreation center. If we all head down to City Hall next month, we can ask the Mayor and the City Council to put together a plan for an indoor basketball court, some pool tables, and a big frikin parking lot where they can do their stuntz. Heck, when I was a kid we'd just hang out in front of the 7-11 smoking dope and blasting our 8-Tracks. Our kids deserve better than that!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Oh no you don't, I'm buying property at Lake Chelan to live when I retire. Don't you come over there causing trouble.........

Off to straighten them out in Chicago and St. Louis are you?

·
Registered
872 Posts
And get rid of those dang anti-dancing laws!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hey! Last Saturday I rode by that old mill where they filmed that. They sell beer at the convenience store across the street now.

Kevin Bacon 1

Mormons 0

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Heck, when I was a kid we'd just hang out in front of the 7-11 smoking dope and blasting our 8-Tracks. Our kids deserve better than that!"

Yeah! Like a Dual-Reverb control, or even Quadrophonic sound and a strobelight............

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Go West Young Man and kpaul's trip report.

Thanks I needed that..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.