Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Original Article:
Motorcycle.com parent launches ATV.com

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle.com parent launches ATV.com in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Them ATV's is Dangerous, Man.

Don't go there.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
With this weather, a site named "snowmobile.com" could come in handy as well.......

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I'm not sure if they didn't get the joke, or if their humour is too subtle for me.............

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Supposedly you have to be 14 or older to go to that site, and all the major ATV manufacturers offer safety courses so you don't hurt yourself. Or to cover their @sses, whichever you think is more accurate.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
ATV's (quads and trikes) suck on so many levels that I am at a loss to start ranting.
Quads are useful as utility vehicles. For example during the spring when there is not enough snow to use my sled and too many snowdrifts left to use my truck the quad will make it up the road to my cabin. It's also handy for hauling firewood around etc. I also see them used a lot by ranchers and shepherds.

As rec vehicles they are probably the most dangerous things around. The areas that are set aside for ATVs are best avoided. I can't stand to see people riding along with unhelmeted children and (no shyt) infants! All the while the parent is riding along without even eye protection. (shudder) It's either avoid them entirely or kick the crap out of them.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I ever tell you about the time I almost got ate by a bear? I was riding a 3 wheel Honda ATV on Mt. Baker when my first wifes crew worked there at the ski lodge. I went up one of the ski runs and was standing by this big berry bush eating berries and looking around, the place smelled like a skunk but I didn't think much of it. As I wandered around the other side of the bush I heard a rustling and snuffling, I continued around and came face to face with this Black Bear munching away on the berries too. He sat up on his haunches and looked at me, I looked at him turned around and hauled ass back to the ATC, as I'm yanking away on the starter I look and all I can see is his butt dissapearing over the horizon in the other direction.......

He probably would have ate me anyway if he was like mean or something.....

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I ever tell you about the time I almost got ate by a bear? I was riding a 3 wheel Honda ATV on Mt. Baker when my first wifes crew worked there at the ski lodge. I went up one of the ski runs and was standing by this big berry bush eating berries and looking around, the place smelled like a skunk but I didn't think much of it. As I wandered around the other side of the bush I heard a rustling and snuffling, I continued around and came face to face with this Black Bear munching away on the berries too. He sat up on his haunches and looked at me, I looked at him turned around and hauled ass back to the ATC, as I'm yanking away on the starter I look and all I can see is his butt dissapearing over the horizon in the other direction.......

He probably would have ate me anyway if he was like mean or something.....
Forest Service Advice on Bears:

"Bears are found all over the intermountain west. Black Bears are more abundant, but Grizzly Bears are also found in many areas. Grizzlies are far more agressive and should especially be avoided. Black Bears can be brown like Grizzlies so it is important to be able to tell them apart.

The Forest Service recommends that hikers wear small bells on their ankles to discourage bears. Pepper spray can also be effective.

Bear signs include their scat. Black Bear scat is small round hard and black. Grizzly Bear scat is larger, softer, dark brown and had little bells in it and smells like pepper spray."

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Forest Service Advice on Bears:

"Bears are found all over the intermountain west. Black Bears are more abundant, but Grizzly Bears are also found in many areas. Grizzlies are far more agressive and should especially be avoided. Black Bears can be brown like Grizzlies so it is important to be able to tell them apart.

The Forest Service recommends that hikers wear small bells on their ankles to discourage bears. Pepper spray can also be effective.

Bear signs include their scat. Black Bear scat is small round hard and black. Grizzly Bear scat is larger, softer, dark brown and had little bells in it and smells like pepper spray."
Sound advice and timely too now that the Bunny Huggers want to re-introduce Grizzly's into the North Cascades

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.