Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I'd get the Triumph too. The Beemers a nice bike but too rich for my blood. I'm afraid and it and the Yamaha also have more gee-wizz electricery than I need on a bike. Since my idea of an all-rounder is pretty much a sportbike with better ergos and some bags the Trumpy is right up my alley anyway.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Oog. What choices . . . I'm glad I just got a GIVI rack for my 599. Best of all worlds for a shrimp like me who likes naked bikes.

And seriously, I can't imagine owning that Kbike without wanting to poke my eyes out after a week. UgLEE! :p

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hear ya. I never tour 2-up anyhow, so my WeeStrom with big marsee 20L tank bag and massive Pacsafe tail bag, plus heated grips and vario screen tours just fine from Baja to Montana/Canadian border -- and laughs at the gravel and potholes ta boot -- so it's more than enough for me. That said, the the upcoming BMW F800 series looks to be a sweet sport-tourer that won't break the bank and has enough power for most.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Uh, the K1200GT motor does not have a 22 year history. The flying brick that is 22 years old is only used in the K1200LT full zoot tourer. The S and GT motors are only a couple of years old and bear no resemblance to the the other motor other than displacement and the fact that they are four cylinder motors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is it with the tests of other sport tourers vs. the cluthchless FJR? Few of the shiftless bikes will be sold, and it's a dog compared to the shifty. I'd LOVE to see a straight up review of these bikes. (If there is one out there, let me know!!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent review. I had an 06' GT, that after over a month in the shop, BMW couldn't fix a fueling issue. I now have an 07'. It's running a lot better. There really is no competition to this bike, maybe the new Kawi?

A couple of points:

- The stock seat SUCKS! It's by far the worst seat on any bike I've owned. I'm not sure how you found it to be perfect??? I can do 8 hr days on my 07 Tuono(stock seat), but 20 minutes in the GT seat has me fidgeting. You won't find anyone on a beemer board that likes the stock seat.

- The 07' brakes are a LOT better. They dumped the servos. A lot more transparent ABS system. Better feel and more linear.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I put almost 50K trouble free miles on a 1200 Trophy before it got totaled and 8k on my '06 T 100 so far so I'm familiar with the brand. I'd also be happy with a previous generation Sprint for a day to day bike and keep my Bonnie for a play bike.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Hey, now we can go back to saying "What about the Concours" but mean the new one instead of the old boat anchor.....

Cool huh?..

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.