Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Get real

Wait a minute. I have some smoke jumper buddies who disagree with you and kick you ass doing it. Yes structure fires are different. But you have lots of water, equipment etc. i.e you have fire hydrant on every block for Christ's sake. Try fighting a fire with no water only a chainsaw, pulaski and shovel..Wildfires can be very unpredictable because of terrain, fuel, and weather conditions. God you are big jerk. I am going to enjoy beating you.

· Registered
148 Posts
Who Cares? HOV's Rock!

For me it is all about access to the HOV lane here in Houston. I don't really care about the cost of gas. The bike might be cheaper than the cage on a per mile basis, but not by much and only because I do my own maintenance on both. Heck, I would pay a premium to ride the bike as long as the HOV lane shaves my commute from an hour and a half down to 35 minutes.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Not going there.

Whatever, I am not going to sink to your level and put you down about last career. Wildfires vs structure fires are different. People die in each. Ask Buz about wildfires in Southern California.. One of my buddies was from there where stories are famous of city fireman with their heavy gear dumping boatloads of water on brush and trees only for it to flair up again... i.e. they were out of their element. CDF crews had to go in and save homes cause city firmans didn't know how to do it. i.e build a permeter use a chain saw to cut down burning trees if necessary.. .

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Waiting for Chrysler to build one.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Point

Agreed.. here in Seattle its the same way. I had to move to another location in August my commute went from averaging by car 40 min to 1 hr 15 min sometime 2.5 hrs if there is an accident or rain (yes people forget they can't stop as fast in the rain and tail gate etc.). I convinced my wife that I have to start riding my bike again. Excellent point Steve time is money..my bike probably costs more to maintain (valve adjustments, tires etc.) but the time saved more than makes up the difference. Wish my bike hand antilock brakes though cause of the rain and the idiots who pull out in front of you while you are going fast in the HOV lane..

· Banned
3,775 Posts
David and Goliath

longride really pissed me off today.. don't get me started.. I could get mean with him but action speak louder than words.. You get MO to reserve the time on the track I'll be there to bring down the bully..

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: More bad news for KP

LOL but So what.. Hear in diverse, highly educated, high-tech, high-income, intelligent, Seattle the top rated talk station KIRO-710 has a progressive slant. Ron Reagan, Dave Ross (does CBS radio network commentary), Jr. etc. Air America probably had a bad business plan etc. I am Republican anyway...why would I care? Have you checked out Boeing, Amazon, and Microsoft stock lately. Seattle is just superior because of its tolerance of diversity and it's love of innovatie ideas, free thinkers, and most importantly intelligence... i.e. thinkers and doers. Very unlike red-state Southern California.

· Registered
265 Posts
My Kawasaki Mach III (H1E) gets 32mpg at every speed from 25 to about 80. Then the mileage starts dropping. My 1998 328i gets 31 on Interstates at 80mph, and about 17 going from my kids house to mine (800 ft altitude gain in 4 winding road miles). Not much to choose from. Which do you suppose would be better all around - a 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100 or a 2007 Triumph Tiger?

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Re: More bad news for KP

Of course Seattle is superior. You live there. Everything about you and connected to you is superior. Your elegant house in the finest neighborhood, your wise choice of bike, your ripped physique, your uncanny prescience, your courageous firefighting, your racetrack prowess, your superior education... I could go on and on. And with all of that going on, you still have the time and inclination to share with us on such a regular basis, and to show your superior humility by purposely using misspellings and garbled syntax in your posts.

Some might say all of this grandiose talk and excessive engagement masks a deep-seated and desperate insecurity. I say nonsense; when you hear the unmistakeable pocketa pocketa pocketa of a ZX6R, you will know you have seen, proud and disdainful, Kpaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet, inscrutable to the last.

· Registered
5,019 Posts
"Waiting for Chrysler to build one."

I know I'll be sorry I asked, but - why Chrysler?

· Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't see how world demand can ever go down again, over the long haul, unless we have a massive economic collapse. The Chinese are now the worlds largest manufacturer of motorcycles, and have started getting interested in cars. India is moving along the same path. They don't need as much energy for heat, but I'm guessing they will want air conditioning real bad. Over the long haul, I don't see how energy prices can do anything but go up.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Strange; I had been reading all this stuff about oil prices passenger/mile evaluations, and it took me a minute to realize that you had actually answered the original question. Talk about economy of words, and staying on topic! When you checked back later (you know you did, admit it) did you feel like you were so '5 minutes ago?' It's ok, it happens to me all the time.

Old and In The Way

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.