Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a first poster, I think that cars should have NASCAR full roll cages and interior (5-point belts, etc). Drivers should also have to pass the same physical exams as NASCAR drivers. This would put us all on the same playing field.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You beat me to the punch..:)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
The answer is clearly no.

Mathew 4

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Anybody hear about Massachusetts' passing of mandatory health insurance? I worry that that trend will end up affecting us a LOT more than a few helmet laws.

Mandated government plans have no market component, so they'll eventually be looking for scapegoats as uncontrolled cost spiral up. Look for us to be targeted a few years down the road - if this awful cancer spreads.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The answer is clearly no.

Right helmets are mentioned in the new book of KPaul chapter 1 verse 9. "On the first day of the new millennium, God created the inline 4 along with the full-face helmet. And God said, "Blessed are those who wear a full-face helmet and ride inline 4s for they will inherit the street""

kpaul

The Great Motorcycle Prophet...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The answer is clearly no.

Excellent...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm with some of the rest of you in saying I'm tired of debating this subject. A subject where the correct action is so obvious.

A "skid-lid" has saved my life. It could save yours as well.

On the brighter side I predict there will be a glut of slightly bent motorcycles on the market in this state very soon.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Motorcycle Helmet Bill Clears Fence.

After my motorized bicycle-basketball-face plant trauma a few weeks ago I wear a helmet all the time. In fact, I'm wearing one now.

Plus a helmet coupled with my tinfoil hat has the added bonus of aliens not being able to read my mind (for Jawa 90 maintenance secrets), and I can't hear the ol' lady complaining about oil stains on the driveway anymore.

·
Registered
323 Posts
In one province of Canada, Saskatchewan, there is government vehicle insurance. It is extremely cost effective and many people from that province, when they leave for neighbouring Alberta for the oil boom, continue to insure their vehicles through their old address to continue getting the savings. In one room mate's case, it saved him $1300 CAD a year to insure this way rather than privately.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Worry about yourself

I'll worry about me. Life is a crap shoot. You might be hit by a meteor, plane falling out of the sky, a car that slams into your bedroom while you sleep, drive by shooter, choke to death on grissle, be mistaken for the guy diddling the neighbor's daughter, or even get decapitated while wearing your helmet. Point is, you just never know, so why worry about anyone other than yourself and the wife and kids.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you know that....

....most head injuries occur around the home and work. It would only follow that we all wear protective headgear while at home and at work to reduce injuries and save the insurance companies a pretty penny or two. Or just do what I do.....walk and chew gum at the same time, while carrying sharpened scissors in one hand and a butcher knife in the other, while both shoe laces are untied. And, oh yea, I just waxed the floor with combustible floor wax and threw the banana peel from breakfast somewhere on the kitchen floor. Did I miss anything?

Yes, I'm safe. I've got my helmet on. With the visor down. Even if it's a bit foggy in here and I can barely squint 12 inches in front of me 'cause my prescription glasses don't fit with the visor down.

That would make a great outfit for the safety dance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.