Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with the above post about dealerships mostly being worthless for getting any good hop-ups or even minor necessities. I've found local dealers to be either Honda specific(not a bad thing if you own a Honda), focused on dirtbikes/snowmobiles/ATVs and selling motorcycles as a secondary pursuit, or just plain slow in doing anything. I went into my local Yamaha place and waited almost 30 min. to find out if I had to take my R6 in for a recall and then the guy tried to get me to look up the info myself! That said, there is a superb dealer here also(#1 Ducati dealer in North America)who does all my work regardless of what it is. The only down side is that, being a Euro-dealer and rather small, they tend to be almost 1.5 to 2 times more expensive than just ordering off the internet. My soloution is to just buy parts online(often from the manufacturer- big cost cutter) and having my trusted shop taking care of anything I don't feel confident doing myself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.