Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Well! I see that whom ever "staff" is at MO has a seriously twisted sense of priorities by the order in which they put the "better uses" of our money. The list should have read Free beer, Persecuting JohnnyB, preventing child abuse, and violent crime in that order! I left out "Something productive" because, as we all know there are some tasks that are just impossible for government to perform. VWW

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: Speaking of bad government...

Well you can take some solace in the fact that some of the "Justices" (a misnomer if there ever was one) were appointed by supposed "conservative" Republican presidents. In a was this was a good thing as even the most docile pro-government sheep are now starting to smell a wolf. I believe that soon an unlikely alliance of true liberals (such as yourself) real conservatives, libertarians will rise up and smite this growing monster that we call the main stream polyglot of Demopubliacans, before it is too late. Imagining the alternative is too horrifying to comprehend. BTW I thought that my parents stuck me with an odd name. I would imagine that yours is even a mouth full for those native to the sub-continent. Van

·
Registered
579 Posts
I realize that countless hours of "Cops" and similar shows have convinced the average couch potatoe that you can't run... and that cops always catch you...

This is of course not true. In the vast majority of cases a chopper never becomes involved. People run every day, and they are very very often successful.

I've done it. My friends have done it. In fact, almost everyone I know with a bike or a sportscar has done it.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Nice crew.

When you crash, aim for the utility poles and away from the children, 'kay?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree fully with the get the plate and catch em later, like 6 am on sunday morning.. saw a kid on a cbr1zx1000 die in upstate ny (my home town) out running the police, who, get this, were chasing him because he whiped the tail a little on a dewy road. (they caught him when he wadded his bike up)

In massacheucetts pursuing a motorcycle is illegal, one motorcycle going over the speed limit IMHO is a lot beter than fifteen police cruisers driving recklessly trying to aprehend the biker.. there is only two possible out comes, the biker will get away, or crash. and for what, a bull***** speeding ticket?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

(rant)

When a judge believes that the govt is more important than the citizenry then he/she is going to side with the govt.... no matter what other political pretenses he/she may try to fool people with. With the USSC's almost unbroken record of siding with the govt on the drug war, homeland security BS, random car searches, etc (the 4th Amendment is dead) it was only a matter of time until the USSC officially designated the citizens as tax slaves to be milked dry.

This recent decison pretty much eliminates any concept of private property ownership. Until now the govt could take your entire home if you owed 1% of it's value in taxes. That was oppressive enough. But now they can take your home and give it to Joe if Joe promises to pay more taxes. The bizzare thing about it is that the govt can take your property to give to a private enterprise even though no one can guarantee that this new enterprise won't fail in the end leaving the govt with no tax revenue and an urban blight to pay for on top of it all. This makes the whole process like something from the movie "Brazil" or a Steven King novel.

Developer A gives bribes to Councilmen X, Y and Z. Suddenly your home is gone and you get "market value".... whatever the same corrupt politicians say it is. Neat, huh? You can complain to the County Attorney who is also buddies with the developer and Council. Neat huh? Compared to this even Karl Marx almost makes sense.

Oh, yeah, I'm the crazy one right? All idiots who trust the govt are completely rational. Baa baa baa. ROTFLMAO!

(rant off)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

They could figure out what "public interest" is by letting the public vote on these proposals. You'll see that soon, I'll bet!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Actually... running doesn't require reckless riding at all. It's far more about evasion than speed. I have a buddy that ended up riding his 929 about 5 miles on a dirt trail at 3 in the morning.

No ticket though.

You pick your spots. The cop is already on your butt when you notice... it's to late. you pull over. But he's on the side of the road... and there is an exit up ahead into a well known maze?

I'm gone. hit the exit... three or four quick turns... and hop off at a burger joint.

Hardly wreckless driving.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

It is called the Golden State, they just neglected to point out that it was your gold they want.

Those weren't earthquakes, it was Jefferson and Franklin and the rest spinning in their graves.

·
Registered
514 Posts

What ever happened to the right wing mantra "Business needs government to be a PARTNER, not an adversary"?

The righties always trot that one out any time a corporation asks for a handout or a special tax break or wants to dump crap in a river or something... why wouldn't you expect big business to ask their "partner" to acquire whatever tasty morsels they want?

Nope, sorry, ya can't blame the liberals for this one. This is just one leg of the conservative triad... whoring the country out to business interests. Add to that "pandering to fundamentalist religious nuts" and "appealing to xenophobia" and you've pretty much described modern American conservativism.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

You might want to check out the dissent in this case. The evil right-wing "extremists" (Scalia, Thomas) voted for the little guy.

The conservative mantra is that the gov't should stay the hell out of the way-not become a "partner" as you suggest.

·
Registered
114 Posts

The dumbocrats and retardicans are two sides of the same oppressive big government coin. It's getting harder and harder not to believe that the two parties are just there to keep people divided and allow for an unchecked ogliarchy. Going slowly and subtly enough it sadly appears to be working.

If there were a ruling like this 100 years ago, there would have been a bloody revolt. Wars have certainly been fought over less. Fortunately it's much easier to emigrate these days. Costa Rica, New Zealand, and Switzerland all look nice.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sad day for the Republic, time for the Terminator for Prez

Yep being a social liberal and fiscal liberal makes me struggle to find a party to call home. If only the right-wing could keep their religion out of politics Definitely agree with you on this one. All of the excuses that are going to be used to steal someone's land are going to used. Sick. Sad day for the Republic. Maybe I going to have to support the repead of the amendmant to limit president to U.S. born citizens. Time for the Terminator.. His economic policies are correct and according to one interview he is social liberal on gay rights, seperation of church and state, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.