Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool article, "Dirty" Tom's been an institution in the Seattle bike scene forever. I bought a lot of the parts for my Shovelhead off him back in the day when it was Tom's Cycle on Empire Way. My wife would sell Avon to Donna and she'd take it off the bill, them and Jammers in West Seattle used to be about the only place you could buy chopper stuff from like Santee and Cycle Shack or Paughco. There was another place on Aurora that the 'Jokers ran but you didn't really want to deal with them..

I lost rack of all that when I started riding BMW's and Japanese sportbikes but seen Carmen a couple of times at Downtown when I bought my Dyna, he'd come in for coffee and chit chat with the old timers. I really hated to see Russ sell the business and the place is unfortunately losing the family run atmosphere it had now that Lamphere owns it. They run the place like a car dealership now which I think blows.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
By the way....

next time you get first post don't forget to add:

"First post you stinking losers, BushKerryClintonloving toadsuckers! Hahahahaha! Now I'm king of the world and you all can kissmykeester.........."

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: By the way....

Oh yeah right.....

" First post you stupid pack of commiefagjunkiehippypinkopeacequeerClintonbootlickerweirdos who don't have the brains God gave a toad....."

I feel so much better now.........

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: By the way....

I want to try to be non partisan here and focus our ire on the soulless, scumsucking bottomfeeder toadies that run everything from EXXON to HD these days. May they all rot in Hell.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Doesn't Lamphere own the giant RMC in Renton off 167 as well? That's where I bought my Ninja. However, every time I get service there it's a hassle i.e. they tell me something big is wrong and its suddenly not when I mention it's under warranty or I get a smart ass kid for service i.e who has an attitude.. .Too bad Mr. Lamphere cause I won't buy my next bike there even it's cheaper. Now I only take my bike for service to Kent Kawasaki, which is family owned and operated...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Do they have an outlet in Eugene? I went with a friend of mine to get some kind of doohikey for his 1000 and about eight or nine guys in white shirts decended on us, till they found out we were there just to buy a measly part. I don't think they knew where the parts department was. It was just opening Under New Management, but still.....

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Might be I read he had Yamaha dealership in Beaverton. Could be trying to corner the market in the Pacific NW. The dealership in Renton sells all of the big 4 bikes and is huge kind of a Walmart for bikes.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's the same guy, plus the sales manager and most of the "new" guys come from Jet Chevrolet so that'll tell you where they're at. I'd be buyin' my Buell from Destination if I was you. Lamphere is not that old and supposed to be big into bikes, labor of love, blah blah.. but I can tell you he's going to run DHD into the ground with his bull*****

I bought my KZ 750 and my GPZ 750 from Kent Kawasaki, they were pretty stand up then as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.