Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, West Virginia is one of the best kept secrets in street riding. Tons of winding country roads. Very little traffic. An all around great riding exeperience.

Welcome, Posse Riders!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah! 'cos everyone knows that true motorcyclists do 200 miles just to get loose and have to replace thier edge to edge worn out tires and knee pucks after every ride.

If people want to ride in long, slow and relaxed convoys I say let 'em. As bikers we need as many of us out there as possible, flying the flag.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Agreed. There's a lot to be said for gently cruising around some less-used roads. It's not always about how fast you can go on the twistiest roads... although that's fun too :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well, having done quite afew multi-thousand mile trips, I can personally say that 200 miles in one day is not a gentle cruise enjoying the landscape. Thats travelling from hotel to restaurant to retail outlet to bar/restaurant to tourist trap to restaurant to hotel to bar back to hotel. Averaging appx 25 mph.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How's the road maintenance in West Virginia? What about the roadkill factor? One thing I love about Colorado roads is that it's too dry out here for us to have frost heaves ... those can really **** up an otherwise splendid road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.