Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we aren't greasy psychopaths smoking weed and beating each other with chains and tyre irons anymore, so I guess that attracts more moderate people.

First post?

·
Registered
424 Posts
If I could just hit that big Power Ball jackpot, I'd single handed help to boost these sales numbers!

I'd have one of everything from Aprillia to Ural.

I would mostly like to get my hands on a GP6 powered Duc!!!

Then I'd build my own track!

I need to wake up now, don't I?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah, especially the part where he refers to American Iron Horse choppers as "high-performance" motorcycles. Oh well, at least he is maybe the only journalist to realize that we are a very diverse group of people.

Bikervince

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You guys were ahead of your time :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes we are, didnt you see the post about the hells angels. I think its americas infatuation with want to be like everybody else because i keep picking up good hardly used 3-5 year old bikes with under 10k Amazing

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thank you!! Ural was as far as my feeble mind could make it in the MC ABC's... Heck I even forgot Yamaha.

Boy, get'n old really affects a fellow?

(Insert little blue pill joke and drum roll here)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just in from a blazing run on the DKW Hobby -even faster than the Runpet!, but not as retro as the Heinkel Tourist - to see this.

I suppose the article was pretty ok. Didn't get too much too wrong which itself is a small miracle. But I was under the impression that there was no mystery whatsoever what happened to sales in the mid-late 80's. Us Boomers were buying houses, clawing our way up the corporate ladder, starting businesses & families, etc. Soon as we got the "bidness" under control we came back with a vengeance. Thus the rise in sales + we have - er - introduced the kids, nephews, etc., to our errant ways.

·
Registered
68 Posts
"Easy Rider"... bleah. I ride in spite of that movie. Yeah, a movie about going less than 40 mph on highways on the most uncomfortable looking bikes ever, while being harassed, attacked, and finally killed supposedly created a 'binge of motorcycle buying'? Allrightythen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.