Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 53 Posts

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Why should anyone be upset about this? This cop's attitude is just the next logical step up from the attitude of the people who say that motorcyclists who don't wear helmets should be denied medical treatment at public expense. Riding motorcycles is inherently dangerous and therefore stupid, right? Why should the police be bothered with rendering assistance to people who are stupid enough to ride bikes at all? Think of all the govt money that could be saved for the more important things it has to do. Or maybe all those savings would immediately be returned to the taxpayers in the form of tax cuts, right?

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
I think it depends on the local culture of the individual police force. Being raised in LA I got used to thinking that cops are mostly @ssholes. But since moving to Utah the few experiences I've had with the local police have been quite positive.

They like to call themselves "peace officers" rather than "law enforcement". A completely different attitude. Yeah there are the individual jerks, but nothing like in the metropolises. Everyone I've dealt with has been nothing but professional.

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
I had an LAPD moment when I was living in Hollywood in 1980. I was outside working on my Bug when I heard a shot fired down the street and the bullet whizz by overhead. I called the LAPD to report it. They showed up and spent about 20 minutes grilling me, trying to find a reason to arrest me. For "being there", I guess. Rest assured that I've never willingly gotten involved with the LAPD in any fashion ever since.

Then there was the LAPD cycle cop who pulled me over because I was on a black motorcycle. A speeding black motorcycle had evaded capture by a patrol car several hours before so this psycho was stopping all black motorcycles..... in 1974!! 50% of motorcycles were black in 1974! He was so pissed that I wasn't the guy he was looking for that he warned me that if I "did it again" he would come to my house and arrest me. Then he drove away while yelling at me to "slow down". Talk about a looney toon with a gun!

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Re: LA Cops

Come to think of it, a beating would certainly be preferrable to a few days at LA County Jail, wouldn't it?

1 - 5 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.