Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to hold the ralley despite a governmental edict banning it? Good for them. If only more people would start ignoring the stupid rules layed down by those who govern us, this country could get back to what it used to be.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The city isn't banning the event; they're just not "sanctioning" it, which apparently means they're not closing off streets for bikes only.

They need to get somebody to do the math though. If 120,000 people came they must spend at least $20 apiece, which is 2.4M$ The merchants taking that in should be glad to pony up the cost of extra policing.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
"In De Jonge v. Oregon, 299 U.S. 353 (1937), the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that the right to peaceably assemble "for lawful discussion, however unpopular the sponsorship, cannot be made a crime." The decision appled the First Amendment right of peaceful assembly to the states through the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"

Good for them. I'm so fed up with all the "rally for the cause" crap. Btw, if you don't support the Hollister Rally it's a hate crime.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
the right to peaceably assemble "for lawful discussion, however unpopular the sponsorship, cannot be made a crime.

Been to a college campus lately?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I'm going to trailer my Malaguzzi Grizzly up to Hollister this year to show 'em what a REAL motorcycle looks like.

Hope I see Jesse and the gang so I can impress them with burnouts before the water pump quits.

RAT ON.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I cruised through one year and they set up a tent city (the usual cruiser/biker paraphanelia) about half a mile from the center of town. A main road leading straight into Hollister was closed and you were forced to go around past the tent city. Additional police were called in last year. There were no incidents that I can recall. Some local citizens were miffed that they couldn't walk down the sidewalk as easily for their afternoon stroll, but the businesses were thrilled with the whole event.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Think I'll bring some of my fellow sport touring toughs over for the party. We'll be in "stitches" & drinking the microbrews.

If anyone gives us a hard time, we'll sic our attorneys on 'em.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I drove through Hollister one year because I was at Laguna Seca and the event happened to be taking place at the same time. It wasn't that thrilling as it was the typical "biker" event with beer and cheesy merchandise. I don't see what the city council is so worked up about.

Anyway, I'm heading off to Sedona this weekend to get out of this damn California rain and maybe check out a Vortex or two!

·
Registered
238 Posts
This reminds me of a Easter tradition here in Minneapolis. Every easter for over 30 years a SciFi convention happen at the local raddison hotel called "Minicon". I admit it was great fun. Drinking, being stupid and watching nerds dressed like Capt Kirk, Spock, McCoy and even Klingons being well NERDS (the klingons threw the best parties BTW). This convention happen every easter weekend like clockwork. Easter morning the good church going people would show up in there sunday best to have Easter Brunch. Big signs where put up all over the convention area saying "Don't spook the brunchers!" Well one easter morning the Klingon's decided to go eat Easter brunch Klingon style.. That was tolerated until one of the Klingon's said to one of the proud Father as he sat at the head of the table "Your women, how much for all your women? I wish to buy them! Especially the little girls!" Well needless to say from that point on Minicon was over with. How does this tie to Hollister? Let them come, be stupid and it will never happen again. :)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: WHAT IT USED TO BE?

Hey if you are not favor of ignoring stupid rules remember that slavery was one of those stupid ideas that were considered to be a legal activity.

As for that ice age thing, don't worry. Every time you fire up your motorcycle you're doing your part to keep our planet warm and green, at least according to Al Gore and several questionable computer projections. Good to hear from you again Gabe.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts

Don't worry man. Everybody ends up that way that hangs around Frisco too long. The brain stops functioning correctly. It must be in the air or water there, because they all seem to contract the same disease.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Yep, the disease is called enlightenment

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

"Yep, the disease is called enlightenment"

Oh, is THAT what they're calling Liberalizm (sic) these days.........

-Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.