Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
A friend's wife and kids got hit by a hit and run drunk driver last Saturday. He was driving a new Dodge Viper and owns a body shop. So this guy has some money. The police caught him and put him in jail. Not his first offense. My friends wife and daughter both had face lacerations. Seems like the best recourse is to sue the crap out him...Cause he has done this before.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The first thing that came to mind in reading the account, was that somehow, if possible, the bikers should have broken away from the driver, realizing he was a dangerous nut. Playing high speed tag with a lunatic is risky business.

One thing that I noticed in California was that pedesrians get the right of way and cagers were very conscientious in giving up the right of way. This was instituted in the 50s as far as I am aware Why can't bikers get the same consideration? We are just as vunerable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in the US air force and have been ALL over the world. In the wonderful place I come from, the only justice is money, or lack there of. Sue him for everything ever conceived. dont settle no matter what peoples opinions are.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If every car driver I ever passed acted like this Lowlife, I'd be dead ten thousand times over. Unless the bikers were repeatedly, dangerously passing him in order to taunt him (which I'm sure they didn't), he has no reasone to be angry at all. He should be forced to eat the sh!t from Janklow's smelly ringpiece for 10 years.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
So, DeJean had an "accident", huh? I'm afraid that the day he was born was the real "accident".

Sometime spend a few days reading the police blotter in your local newspaper. You'll find that more often than not the person who killed someone with a car had a string of violations, especially DUIs. These people seldom come out of the blue but have a long history of criminally dangerous behavior. Janklow anyone? you could make the streets much safer by getting rid of about 2% of the drivers.

Longride is right. If you want to kill someone, use your car. If DeJean had "run over" his girlfriend with a gun instead of his car a few years ago Kruk would still be alive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's the second road rage murder I've heard in the last two weeks. The first one was near my home. A car and a truck got into a road rage race. The truck broke off. Then the car made an illegal U-turn. He crossed the path of a motorcycle. The rider was killed. He was coworkers relative. The cage drive had a suspended license for a DUI. Senseless and sad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd really like to hear the entire story on this one. "Passing in a turn" probably means they cut off the cager or some other stupid act. Pretty vague description of events.

In any case, they should lock the scumbag up until he's ready for Social Security.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As motorcyclist's we all have to be aware that we are targets for these idiots. We've got to petition for stiffer penalties, on the road you cannot trust the driver next to you and we as cyclists need to remain constantly vigilant and aware of our surroundings. The trend is for 2005 to be the worst year for motorcycle deaths it takes all of us collectively to contribute to safe riding. Ride Safe everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Insanity on the roads

I am deeply saddened by this tragic, greivous act against one of our own.

I ride like everyone on the road is out to get me--I'm glad that not too many really gunning for me.

I will ride even more carefully in Mr. Kruk's honor. Remember the fallen. Ride Smart.

·
Registered
512 Posts
A close one

I had a close one in Mesa AZ one day.

The lane I was riding in was ending and no one was letting me in I mean no one, the traffice was crushed in bumper to bumper.

Well I am on a little Buell XB12S so I squeeze into the bicycle lane and scoot on up where the traffic is thin enough to merge.

So this guy in an old El Camino doesn't like what I did at all. He's back there shooting me the bird shaking his fist etc.

So traffic is moving pretty slow when all of a sudden I feel something against my left leg. I look down and this guy has his right front fender aganist my leg. Scared the hell out of me.

I jumped back into the bicycle lane and tear on up the road. At the next intersection I take a right and accelerate hard to get the hell out of there.

I keep looking back but don't see him again, must have been caught in all that traffic.

But left me pretty shaken all the same.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.