Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Having ridden this very bike myself (thanks Buzz) I can personally attest to the fact that it is everything it is cracked up to be. The Burtale is nearly everything I think is cool about motorcycles all wrapped into a single package. No tounge in cheek here - that's as straight as I can put it.

Now, OTOH, having disposed of the niceities - don't you boys think that it's a lapse of journalist integrity to not disclose how Buzz came into such a fine ride (along with a Ducati and a Harley). So Buzz, exactly how many little old ladies did you have separate from their mobile homes and false teeth to possess such a magniificent machine? You get tips in your line of work????

sbp.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
That is one nice ride Buz. Very cool of you to hand it over to Sean for the flogging of it's life. Not many owners would do that. Doubt that one of these is in my future, although there is an MV dealer 5 blocks from my house. I would think it's a wee bit small for me, but it's really a beautiful piece. Nice job guys!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Agreed, way cool bike, Doubt if I'll ever own one but still totaly cool.

Letting your friends wail the ***** out of your bike is usually a sign of mental instability, but what the hell, the AARP crowd is ripe for fleecing and growing every day

Plenty more where that came from!

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Sean dwarfs it at 6-2. I fit fine on it at 5-10 although the pegs are a bit high even for me.

It's a 200 mile roundtrip to MO and back from my house. My ass hurts way before my knees so the footpeg placement isn't all that bad.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the ride, Buz.

There's an MV dealer in Post Falls, Idaho (!) who brought a Brutale to the Seattle Motorcycle Show last December.

What a beautiful piece! Little tiny bits of it, like the retainers on the bottom of the fork legs, were worth looking at. But it's a little tiny bike. Great for small guys like me; maybe not so good for anyone over about 5'-11".

Buz, I share your eye candy issues. I'm shallow enough that any bike I own has to be pretty enough to make me turn and look at it again before I walk into work.

But what's this crack about Japanese fours? OK, they're as common as stop signs but the new R1's are gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing this special bike with Sean and thus by proxy all the rest of the MOFOs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Beautiful bike. Why all the excuses for such a high price tag? I'd rather have a Speed Triple and save the difference for the gear I'd need to be able to ride my bike BEYOND a 150 mile day. And the beer at the end of those days.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Beautiful bike. I can see why Buz bought it. If I was single with no daughters to get through college and a without a wife that's on a first name basis with the Home Shopping Network hosts, this bike would be in my garage as well.

Excellent well written article Sean and Buz. I am glad that God's ideal motorcycle configuration the inline 4 seduced Buz. At $13,995 , I think its a bargin compared to the Buell Lighting with it's inferior aircooled V-Twin. But I am sure Captain K-Y will say his cruiser can smoke the Brutale (snicker)..

Good stuff MO

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Thanks for the ride, Buz.

Yea what is with that jap four crack?

I have yet to see a Z1000 or an SV1000 on the street.(both litre bikes) but i've seen so many e-glides I don't know if I can count that high. Of course I can't tell the very small differances between all the harley models they have made over the years so maybe it doesn't count.

for the brutale all I can say is I think it is worth every penny even if you never ride it (and I'm sure you do)just for the eye-candy factor alone.

fun article.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: Thanks for the ride, Buz.

The ZX-10R isn't cracking any mirrors either. That's good looking bike. IMO, the R1 and ZX-10R are not Italian supermodels but they are still good looking enough to be proud having one hang off your arm.

·
Registered
334 Posts
OK, so let me get this straight SA...

...when Fonzie or I wax poetic about a bike that looks "sexy as hell", has a window shaking snarl, yet offers an uncomfortable ride, inferior performance atributes, and a bank busting price tag, you have no qualms about ridiculing us as clowns for enthusing about choppers and roundly thrashing the Big Dog in print, yet the MV receives heaping helpings of your undying love....

Do I detect a bit of a double standard GoFast Boy?

;-)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.