Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the bike yesterday and I am loving it. I sold my R6 and was afraid that the handling was going to be an issue but I was wrong it handles great!!! If its in your list GET IT!!! Here are some pics.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Looks great man! I really want one of the silver ones, but I'm afraid my license would be gone, and I would probably have some steel bracelets applied at some point, if I decided to get one. Cool bike!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Nice ride. I admire a guy that has enough restraint to own such a bike and not act a fool. I, on the other hand, am such a fool. Not stunts mind you, but with the roads I travel I cruise @ 85 already and my K bike is 21 yo. If I had a modern bike my license would be suspended yesterday- maybe even the day before yesterday. As a matter of fact, doesn't every Open Class GT bike come with a disclaimer that states "We would like to congradulate you on your new purchase. You're local law enforement agency will be sure to introduce themselves to you at their earliest convenience."

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Nice bike. Congrats. Do you have to count down from 10 every morning before you launch out of the garage?
He only get an 8 count. Seems it has a time space distortion situation and time speeds up on him.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
What's even more amazing is that you have a garage you can actually park vehicles in. Wow, unheard of 'round these parts...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
He only get an 8 count. Seems it has a time space distortion situation and time speeds up on him.
Depends on viewpoint. Time will slow down for the operator. For the outside observer the bike will simply disappear into a space-time distortion informally called a wormhole. In rare cases the bike will appear to cease moving to the outside observer as it approaches the event horizon of the singularity created at launch.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just remember the theory of relativity - the faster you go the more you can treat everything else as stationary.

My uncle lives by that rule, it's scary.

·
Registered
352 Posts
What's even more amazing is that you have a garage you can actually park vehicles in. Wow, unheard of 'round these parts...
What 'round these parts refers to where?

You gotta get a garage... ahh I just finished epoxying the floor of my new 2-car garage :)
though it's just barely a 2-car :(

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Cool bike, what color are you going to paint the primered parts?

jes' kiddin' that does look cool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to park it in this forum for a while since the R6 forum has discarded me. lol j/k. You guys have a great sense of humor and your right I live in the Orlando area. It has 60 miles now and I try to keep it at speed limit. I'm not thinking of changing the color. The flat black was very appealing to me and was one of the reasons I got the special edition. I will be doing some upgrades to her but not until she is well broken in. Thanks for the warm welcome and Happy Holidays to all.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I could see having a ZX14 in west Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, etc. But Florida? How do you get out of first gear?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Seru, you've apparently never been on the "Florida Turnpike."

It's right behind I-95 as one of the quicker sections of pavement.

I-4 on the other hand is walking speed, if you're on it outside of rush hours-and-hours.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to park it in this forum for a while since the R6 forum has discarded me. lol j/k. You guys have a great sense of humor and your right I live in the Orlando area. It has 60 miles now and I try to keep it at speed limit. I'm not thinking of changing the color. The flat black was very appealing to me and was one of the reasons I got the special edition. I will be doing some upgrades to her but not until she is well broken in. Thanks for the warm welcome and Happy Holidays to all.
I'll be up in Cocoa Beach the week of the 24th through the 31st. Drop me a PM if you want to whip that bike over to the beach and hook up for a ride. I'm sure the DL1K can at least keep you in sight....or not... :D

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Seru, you've apparently never been on the "Florida Turnpike."

It's right behind I-95 as one of the quicker sections of pavement.

I-4 on the other hand is walking speed, if you're on it outside of rush hours-and-hours.
I was just looking at the maps of the US and I figured that a ZX14 would be halfway across Florida by the time it pegged it in top gear.

Maybe if an anti-bluehair cowcatcher were installed....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.