Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rubbish. WWI ended in 1918 and we were in it only 2 years, 1917-1918. Pershing died in 1948...First post.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well, cute story, absolute BS and starting with a major dating error, but cute. But it gets worse...

No AEF in 1922 (if we were losing the war, sure as hell wouldn't have been called an Expeditionary force by then), they drafted by lottery (they got damned near everyody, and if it were that bad, they would not have missed a soul), there would have been no civi bikes in 1918 (if the WW1 was still going on), stock market crashed in 1929 (but probably wouldn't have it we lost WW1, those conditions would not have existed that caused the damned thing)... I hate cute especially when it is so plagerized it is sickening. Have read several stories like this (and at least one episode of Outer Limits and several using the Civil War as the "war") making ones own history just for the sake of a lame story is better left to the literary set, lost on me. IMHO, this should be pulled. Stick with reporting on real motorcycles please. Plenty of fiction sights on the web. And to the guy above, I did read the whole thing, didn't make it any better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What, that the staff are ignorant idiots? So much for left coast education...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Nicely done rosevillerod, very creative and entertaining. Being a Dr. Who fan I like this alternative history thread pieces.. Some folks believe WW2 would have never happened if WW1 was lost because of the Versailles treaty. Which by many was the genesis of German Nationality and the rise of Hitler. England I am sure would have remained free and independent due to the courageous English people and the moat called the English Channel. France would have become a province of Germany.. Interesting thought. Keep up the writing rosevillerod

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
It's alternative history stuff.. Very fun i.e What if the U.S. lost WW2 or Kennedy hadn't been shot...The left coast consistently has much higher test scores (SAT, ACT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, etc) than any other region of the country. Consider that most of this country's leading Hi-Tech companies and major exporters were founded and reside on the West Coast...(Sun, Apple, Microsoft, Boeing, Cisco, Intel, HP, Lucas Films) Also the state of California is financing the majority of the world's stem cell research.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
In my opinion you are being to harsh and are also making some false assumptions. iYour false assumptions beging with "the stock market crashed in 1929 (but probably wouldn't have it we lost WW1, those conditions would not have existed that caused the damned thing)" WW1 was not WW2 in that the Germans of WW1 didn't have the abilty nor the allies as in WW2 to conquer the North American Continent. Thus the WW1 would have been localized to the European continent...being a World War in the since of the Western World... I admire the authors courage and creativity and would encourage him to keep writing. Creative writing is tough..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I really like `My Brother's Traub.' I was wondering about the details, like Black Jack Pershing (too bad some folks can't take a joke), etc, until I came to me like a bolt from the blue (sorry). Great story, nice twist. When does the movie come out?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will sleep much better knowing that...I don't know about much higher test scores, if at all. I agree with the high tech companies though. you guys do have great weather too. Still, having grown up in the Big Apple has it's advantages...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.