Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- I'm selling my K bike. Crazy!- you say. Hardly. My wonderfully reliable K bike is up for sale for the paltry sum of $2800. Why? A buddy has a 99 ZReX that will take $2800 for this 14k mile sweety. I love my K bike. She has been a trusty steed for 5 years, but as I don't tend to keep bikes more than 18 months at a time I am well beyond the norm. My 1987 K 100RS has a complete Supertrapp exhaust, Works rear shock, Progressive HD fork springs, 1 up 1 back bar riser, Heated grips, a new fuel filter to install and new EBC brake pads, a well-worn Corbin seat that needs to be recovered and passenger backrest. What it needs- a recovered Corbin seat, an extention of the brake wiring (riser- remember) about a half inch short, and a center stand. I can take this bike to Cali from Atlanta tomorrow. I averaged 12k annual on her until 2009. If you want a testimonial of the condition of this bike ask Ken. He's even cleaned it for me. It's a pretty sweet ride for $2800. I'd travel up to 200 miles. Otherwise, I'll pick you up at the airport and you can ride it home. That's what I did when I bought it off this guy in Tampa.
Kirk

Attachments

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH- Logos are free with the bike.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Kirk's got a nice bike, no doubt. He rode it down from ATL for Bike Week year before last. We rode all over the place and it never missed a beat. It'll probably go another 100k miles with basic maintenance. It's in excellent shape cosmetically, no dings or rust that I saw.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Attention Ken!

Sold it, buddy. A dude from Columbus GA toughing out his wife's Officer training bought it Saturday night for $2800. I pitched in a seldom used but very nice AGV flip up. He got lost on his test ride and his wife made me trace the route I told hime to take. Pretty funny. But the K bike is gone! Longest ownership of a single bike I have every had. But the dude loved her. He has an 86 in PA where they are from.
Thanks for offering to buy her, but spend the money on the boy and yourself and go to Yellowstone on the bike this year.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
There ya go folks! another success story from the pages of Motorcycle Online, your online source for information, news and mildly treated pre-owned motorsikkles....

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
How hard is it to get a forum to work right? Again, what is this, two years, maybe three of having issues with viewing photos. Solid.
Depends on which computer you're on - my home box w/IE7 an' Winblows XP Pro & full updates, I can see the pics.

My other box w/Firefox & Ubuntu Linux - can't see 'em, and the format of the pages is craptastic with words overlapping and weird line-breaks.

The shatzbox at work w/IE8 & WinXP Pro the format is OK, but can't see the pics about 85% of the time. If it's larger than a thumbnail, it just loads to just above the nipples on a pic of Sandra Romain, then quits.......

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I use xp pro on my computers and pic loading here does suck. Kevin- do the other sites have this issue?

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Depends on which computer you're on - my home box w/IE7 an' Winblows XP Pro & full updates, I can see the pics.

My other box w/Firefox & Ubuntu Linux - can't see 'em, and the format of the pages is craptastic with words overlapping and weird line-breaks.

The shatzbox at work w/IE8 & WinXP Pro the format is OK, but can't see the pics about 85% of the time. If it's larger than a thumbnail, it just loads to just above the nipples on a pic of Sandra Romain, then quits.......
I use Firefox, Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera on a Vista and a Windows 7 platform. None of the browsers will show the photos.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Thank heavens, my tax refund arrived and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I'm tossing and turning trying to decide on dropping $900 on the 2Bros exhaust kit on the 'Strom. I watch the South Park "F-Word" episode with the kid this weekend, and that had us rolling...and me thinking.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Thank heavens, my tax refund arrived and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I'm tossing and turning trying to decide on dropping $900 on the 2Bros exhaust kit on the 'Strom. I watch the South Park "F-Word" episode with the kid this weekend, and that had us rolling...and me thinking.
Oh just do it.

Healthcare is "free" now.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I use Firefox, Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera on a Vista and a Windows 7 platform. None of the browsers will show the photos.
This forum has problems that I see nowhere else on the web. It's not your browser or OS. There is something inherently wrong with MO's hosting.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Well Ken ol' buddy if you want my opinion aftermarket pipes are a waste of money. You may or may not get a performance boost depending on the pipe and some bikes sound pretty good with cans on them but in the long run the bike will usually run better, get better gas mileage and be worth more stock. I've never yet had a pipe that wasn't annoying in some way. Just my opinion....worth what you paid for it.

Plus when "the great loud pipe crackdown" comes you'll have to go back anyway and the b*tchin' Akro can becomes expensive wall art for the garage.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Well Ken ol' buddy if you want my opinion aftermarket pipes are a waste of money. You may or may not get a performance boost depending on the pipe and some bikes sound pretty good with cans on them but in the long run the bike will usually run better, get better gas mileage and be worth more stock. I've never yet had a pipe that wasn't annoying in some way. Just my opinion....worth what you paid for it.

Plus when "the great loud pipe crackdown" comes you'll have to go back anyway and the b*tchin' Akro can becomes expensive wall art for the garage.
I think you're right about the performance; some bikes, notably HDs, seem to get a nice bump with pipes and "Stage 1" kits, but the most I've seen advertised for my bike is about 4 hp more. Almost a grand for 4 hp and a cool exhaust note is hard to justify. Especially since that almost the exact price of a cool "Racedeck" garage floor, used and endorsed by NASCAR driver Bobby LaBonte, six time winner of the Darlington 500.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ken- that's for offering to buy her. Get that exhaust and juicebox. Tune the thing for more torque and ride, ride, ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.