Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine has been trying to get me to go Flattrack racing with him for awhile now so this weekend we decided to go checkout Cross Roads Motorplex in Jasper, Florida. I didnt get the opportunity to ride
his bike but had a great time just watching and helping anyway I could.
He did great, two first place finishes in both his heat races. But a bad start left him with a 2nd Place overall.

Finally got the chance to ride the six yesterday for the first time. Iv usually only raced on either 750's or 1000's. As the day went on I was able to widdle down alot of time but unfortunately it didn't get me anywhere near my old times. I couldn't be to disappointed cause I had a blast.Learning to use this six as a weapon will take me a few days before I can really take advatage of its benefits. I should have my old times back soon.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Good stuff, Mokester! Did you get to ride the flat tracker on the track before or after the race?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
WOOOOOT! You Go, Boyee!

(no sarcasm whatsoever, BTW)

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Great stuff Moke, like the looks of that short tracker.

You be a motojournalist!

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That boy of yours is going to have bikes imprinted in his brain for sure!

Nice stuff, Mokester. You rule!
Yes he will, I hope but only if he likes it. Which he seems to. I purchased a used PW50 for him and so far Iam very impressed with his riding. Christmas is when I purchased it, so hes been riding ever since. Even took it with us on this trip.

Tookme a little time to convince the mother inlaw that 3yrs old is the perfect age to start racing, opps I mean riding:)......

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Me Motojournalist?Really????

Great stuff Moke, like the looks of that short tracker.

You be a motojournalist!
That means quite a lot coming from you Mscuddy, thanks alot! Iam really down with trying the flattracking. My friend that took us is named Matt as well. He's friends with an up-and coming roadracer by the name of Russ Winkle and his father Luther. Anyway I guess he just started recently flattracking and is getting great results from flattracking to roadracing. Obviously no surprise there. But Iam going to put myself waaaay out of my element to learn cause I know I'll be learing what all roadracers need.

How do I break into Moto journalisum, cause Iam not sure if I even spelled that right. Heehee???? I'd absolutely love to find a real career. Iv definitely thought about it, hell I'd even go to college!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, traveling in style! Looks like a boatload of fun.
Man it was, the funny thing is that when we arrived at the roadrace track everyone including friends of mine where sitting in 90 degree heat under tents. While I was able to chill out in the AC between sessions. Boy Iam getting spoiled. How can I ever go back to a tent:)))))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.