Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Naked, Arilia V2, 750cc: Coming soon?

Since a V-twin 750 won't be getting a minimum of 140RWHP what good is it? Maybe a beginner's bike?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

If they release a v2 750 say hello to FX racing. Bet they get Duc 749 power out of it.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
A Better Buell

If you extroplate HP numbers from the Tuono you get around 100 hp or so. Also I don't think it is conicidence that the engine happens to be World Super Sport legal 750cc. If it is like the 1000 cc V-Twin then it has some great features "V60 Magnesium. Longitudinal 60° V twin, four stroke. Liquid cooling with three-way pressurised circuit. Double overhead cams, mixed gear/chain timing drive, four valves per cylinder. Patented AVDC anti-vibration double countershaft. "
Yep a smooth light engine for the Buell.. If a small Italian company can do it or a small Austrian company (KTM) can do it why not HD-Buell? oops forgot HD is maximizing it's profits for their aging Baby Boomer Managment golden handshake. HD is going out of business anyway by 2020.. High health care costs and pension costs of it's labor force are to blame. Maybe the U.S. health care system or lack of one is a competitive disadvantage for U.S. companies? Just a thought.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Hey you beat me to it. I was working on mine when you posted...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Actually no

"The U. S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of gross domestic product (GDP) on health services, ranks 18th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy." WHO

I don't favor a Canadian plan. Rather a basic service Insurance plus a private supplemental. insurance. Hell the money we spent in Iraq could pay for several years of it.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: A Better Buell

The first thing is that the idiot doesn't realize that all the money spent in Iraq wouldn't fund more than a month of Govt Healthcare Rationing (and Elderly Disposal)... er I mean National Healthcare.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Arilia? Sounds like a sasparilla alternative.

Funny that the spy shot shows something very similar to a Gagiva Raptor, complete with trellis frame and angular styling...

Coincidentally, Ducati is dropping the 749 for next year when it releases the new 1098 Superbike in November. Looks like 'Arilia' is ready to exploit the gap in the middleweight Italian twin supersport market. Although that doesn't explain the Gagiva-style steel trellis frame... Or does it?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kpaul, the Great Motorcycle Prophet does it again!

What a racing V-Twin super sport being discontinued? The RC-51 is gone.. Next the 999 will go when Ducati goes to a V-4. Hope the 1098 won't be allowed in WSB..

kpaul sez racing V-Twins are dying

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Nice website by the way.. Great pictures..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.