Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
A little errata for you Johnny B. Those of us old enough to remember will tell you that Spiro Agnew's only memorable line was "nattering nabobs of negativity. There, now members of his fan club can sleep peacefully. VWW

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Moto Tester Shootout

Off topic but may be of interest to some. Johnny rate our favorite moto testers for their track prowess. Same bike and same track give us the finishing order:

K. Kunitsugu

A. Trevitt

J. Burns

M. Boehm

T. Carrithers

J. Norem

D. Canet

I say Kent #1 and Canet #2. The rest I wouldn't know. Give us the scoop on who is fastest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Moto Tester Shootout

I personally would put Don Canet on the top of the speed list. I have been on Buttonwillow Raceway with him, while he was playing around with Buell Lightning X1, and the only person that could keep up with him was Curtis Adams on his older, yet breathed-on GSXR1100.

If you get a chance to watch him during a SuperTT race, it is something to behold.

Enjoy,

AzizaVFR

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Canet, by quite a bit...

K. Kunitsugu

possibly Trevitt, tho he's hot and cold

maybe Johnny only cause I get a lot more track time these days than Boehm (who used to be really fast before he got more interested in politics)

Norem's just learning but already goes really good...

different days, different kinds of bikes--it varies a bit

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't give a d**n who won. All I care about is a set of personally justified personal experiences and preferences. For that reason, the Triumph person is suspect, but he wasn't that far out of range. Call him an out-lier anyway for perceived bias.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Will is a really good experienced rider--and we do find it makes bikes more easily appear when we dangle the prospect of a little track time and fame in front of people... win/win. From what he wrote, seemed like he loved the ZRX too.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Better yet, race with him (or journalistic newcomer Mark Cernicky) in a SuperTT race. It can be a humbling expierience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.