Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: National (and beyod) Speed Trap List

The Napa one is pretty funny to watch. People just sit there waiting for the light to turn and then turn across 2 double yellows 50 yards from the light.

Most of the time the officer is just sitting there and could do the job on foot.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

They nailed all the traps I know about in WA and CO. Cool site..Beware on any freeway in Puget Sound WA the State Patrol use laser and air units (timing you).. So your Radar Roy detector is really only good for the back roads county mounty radar gun variety.On 18 when my laser detector goes off it's when I can see the mustache of the motorcycle trooper i.e too late its a becomes a ticket indicator.

·
Registered
118 Posts

also the radar in our vehicles has a hold function so it's not always on...soon as i see you doing over the limit i turn it on and, too late for you... your detector is useless...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Unless you take it off hold for a car 1/4 mile in front of KPaul, zap that car with instant-on, then go back to standby. The scattered reflections from that shot will most likely trigger KPaul's detector long before he drifts into your realm of terror.

Of course... setting off his detector is no gurantee that he'll have the reflexes to reduce speed in anything resembling a timely fashion. So, you probably still have a good shot at ticketing the poor schmuck.

-Sean

·
Registered
138 Posts
They are not LEO's, they are REO's... Revenue Enhancement Officials. In my local burg they won't respond to drive offs at the local fuel stops, but they are all over that 40 in a 35.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Can you clear that up we had a wild argument here on MO. Folks here say it won't work. However, I think it can and have done the math to know that the error though significant is still good enough to alert ground units that the guy is speeding. Also I have a little spreadsheet that can compute the true speed given the aircraft's elevation and distance from the target. I think it's good enough for Government work (no offense).. It's basic high school physics and trigonometry but the GPTB thinks I am a Kook ,,

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Sounds plausible to me kracerboy...I find the county mounties don't even bother doing that sneaky stuff. i.e. My detector lights up way before I see them. I guess they think they can get enough revenue without being clever. Wish Sportbike_pilot was stilll around to explain the aircraft radar thing.. He has more patience and is more articulate and smarter than I. Hope he is doing well..

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

"It's basic high school physics and trigonometry but the GPTB knows I am a Kook ,, "

There. Fix'd that'n fer ya!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

LOL You are such comedian kchicken

·
Registered
320 Posts
Pfft!

Speeding tickets=Go fast tax

Any LEO's out there please don't argue this one. Just ask yourself when the last time you ticketed:

a. Someone doing 40mph on a freeway or

b. A soccer mom yapping on her cell phone whilst struggling to command a 6500lb suv?

My guess is not as often as the poor guy doing 15-20mph over the limit in the fast lane minding his own buisness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Pfft!

Precisely.

It has nothing to do with traffic safety and has everything to do with an adrenaline rush and corrupt municipalities seeking easy revenue.

The problem with speedtraps is that they seriously further erode an already lowered respect for traffic laws. Go to the site and look up Wathena, KS. There you find comments about an "officer" that stops motorists in the 45 MPH zone and then claims they were doing "46 in a 30". Who can respect traffic laws with nonsense like that going on?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: New Motorcycle Review:

Heh heh. Some idiot moderated you down to 'off-topic' because you dared to post a link to a motorcycle test on a motorcycle site thread about speed traps. Heh heh.

Dear anonymous c0cksucking coward, a thread about speed traps on a motorcycle site is itself 'off-topic'.

If and when the new 'management' gets around to delivering all the wonderful promises I hope they ditch the stupid moderating function and force these stealth skumsuckers to identify themselves.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Alot of people dont utilize the hold function, they just leave the radar unit on. sure this alerts those with good radar detectors, but the ones without them still fall prey. If you want to be sneaky, you keep the unit on hold, and pop it when you see someone flyin...thats how you get the ones who consistently speed with radar detectors. Sean is on the right track, thats why you don't activate it on every vehicle that comes by. You learn to estimate a vehicles speed. if the speed limit is 55, you arent going to activate the radar unit on vehicles near the limit, only the ones appearing to be traveling at a high rate of speed. For me that would be 65+ in a 55.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.