Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corbin seat is not what it used to be and I'm looking for a replacement. 87 BMW K100RS. If someone comes across something let me know.
Kirk

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I dunno'

My Corbin seat is not what it used to be and I'm looking for a replacement. 87 BMW K100RS. If someone comes across something let me know.
Kirk
I've always had good luck with Corbins, maybe you can get that one rebuilt?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Do what I did. I found a local guy who built a custom seat for my GSX1100G. Took a couple of hours, new foam and shaped to fit and cost $250 when all was done. Better than any overpriced mass mail order seat. If I can find a guy to do seats in Salt Lake City I'm sure you can there.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Corbin and they will gladly relieve me of $350 to rebuild. Maybe, a local seat builder is the key. Still, if there are any used seats that seem to be in good condition pass it on.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's something to be said for getting a stock seat back on your bike, Kirk. It's well on it's way to becoming a collectable classic!
I could do the stocker. The wifey, on the other hand, will make my rides lousy without a comfy tush.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Maybe a BMW specifc site, I think there's one called BMW sport touring .net or there abouts or SportTouring.net would have a classified section, might find something there.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe a BMW specifc site, I think there's one called BMW sport touring .net or there abouts or SportTouring.net would have a classified section, might find something there.
Just joined the site and asked the question. We'll see. Thanks- Kirk

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Ace, I highly support the recommendation to find a local seatmaker to rebuild your seat. Up in Seattle, I went to Rich's and stood there, telling the guy what to do while he carved and glued. It was great, and I got a perfect seat at the end.

Keep in mind that seats are foam and a cover. The foam can be replaced (and usually improved) with new stuff; the cover can be replaced with any material (I recommend plaid seersucker) you want. Go for it!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Kirk, I was just over to Sargent Cycle Products (Aftermarket Motorcycle Seat Aftermarket Custom Seats Aftermarket Custom Motorcycle Seats Aftermarket Mustang Seats) this afternoon. I am looking to replace the Triumph Gel Seat on my Sprint ST. I brought the seat over here to JAX with me from home, and took it over to the shop to do an A-B comparison. Mostly to make sure they have the asspocket in the same place as the Triumph seat.

Anyway, they have a bunch of seats, a lot of them for BMWs.

Check them out!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wait....

What? Another forum....???? BASTARD!!!!! You cheating, lying, sniveling, two-timing *****! stevent? It's like you live a whole different life.
Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain? Yeah, right, more like spending time with your second family. I can't even look at you.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Oh..um...

Wait....

What? Another forum....???? BASTARD!!!!! You cheating, lying, sniveling, two-timing *****! stevent? It's like you live a whole different life.
Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain? Yeah, right, more like spending time with your second family. I can't even look at you.
Did I say I was on there?????? no...um I mean my...um.. cousin was on there...the little backstabber.. heh heh heh
You guys know I'D never go somewhere else..heh heh heh ...right fellah's???...heh heh

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Kirk, I was just over to Sargent Cycle Products (Aftermarket Motorcycle Seat Aftermarket Custom Seats Aftermarket Custom Motorcycle Seats Aftermarket Mustang Seats) this afternoon. I am looking to replace the Triumph Gel Seat on my Sprint ST. I brought the seat over here to JAX with me from home, and took it over to the shop to do an A-B comparison. Mostly to make sure they have the asspocket in the same place as the Triumph seat.

Anyway, they have a bunch of seats, a lot of them for BMWs.

Check them out!
I love my Sargent, and so does my wife for that matter. Unlike Corbin Sargent maintains the height adjustment and doesnt carve even more foam out on my particular model. If I went Cobin I would of lost 3 inches of leg room and at 6'6" I need 3 more, not less. It was well worth the spendy $500 bill.

As for rebuilt option I have had many O upholstry shop rebuild seats over the years. Like Sachi said, most of the time you can stand there and instruct them exactly how to shape the seat. Or add different foam layers, little memory foam on top? Either way, Friends dont let friends ride on stock seats.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks y'all. I found two guys local and sent pics and descriptions of needs to both and they will be in touch. I got Corbin down $100 to $250 plus the $25 ship-back fee- btw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.