1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Paint Bumper Vehicle door

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Rim

Hi, I found this Honda Super Cub and wanted to be sure I was identifying it correctly in the year before ordering parts and proceeding with my project. From what I can tell from my research it's within the years 1958-1965 (best educated guess). I have pics posted here of the whole bike then the only serial number I found so far on the frame. Just in case they dont show the number is C100-P018516. Any help or resource materials would be greatly appreciated!!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good find.
Alas, parts might be next to impossible to find.
Good luck.
I found a parts dealer that does remanufactured/recovered parts work for these older models. I just need to be sure of the year so I'm not screwing up near authenticity. I wanna try to keep all the parts on the same year so its period correct.

·
Super Moderator
935 Posts
I found a parts dealer that does remanufactured/recovered parts work for these older models. I just need to be sure of the year so I'm not screwing up near authenticity. I wanna try to keep all the parts on the same year so its period correct.
Well.......it would seem to me that a parts dealer like that would be a excellent reference for determining what you want to know. Have you asked them yet ??

Note: I see that you posted an almost identical message in a different sub-forum on here.
Please don't do that again.
I am deleting the duplicate post in an attempt to keep the discussion in only ONE place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) the parts dealer doesn't provide serial to year and parts matching. 2) I blanket post to gather as much info and resources as possible for restoration accuracy cause not 1 person is completely correct and right so I'd appreciate it if you didnt delete my posts thanks.

·
Super Moderator
935 Posts
1) the parts dealer doesn't provide serial to year and parts matching. 2) I blanket post to gather as much info and resources as possible for restoration accuracy cause not 1 person is completely correct and right so I'd appreciate it if you didnt delete my posts thanks.
1) the parts dealer might be able to recognize the year from pictures.
2) This is not Facebook. There are scant few visits here everyday and most everybody will see EVERY new posts when they do visit.

So......I would appreciate it if you follow the guideline to NOT shotgun exactly the same message into multiple sub-forums because it is confusing and a waste of time and tends to fragment the discussion.
You can't make up your own rules.

Strike one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) the parts dealer might be able to recognize the year from pictures.
2) This is not Facebook. There are scant few visits here everyday and most everybody will see EVERY new posts when they do visit.

So......I would appreciate it if you follow the guideline to NOT shotgun exactly the same message into multiple sub-forums because it is confusing and a waste of time and tends to fragment the discussion.
You can't make up your own rules.

Strike one.
So I didnt know these rules cause those is the first time I'm using this site (user profile literally just made dude) since I stumbled across it on google (and sites as such, be assured I wont use this one much longer thanks to you as well) and that it's a small community was unknown to me. As you noticed I only posted in two areas just looking for help with no misconstrued information so I dont see the need for the push back or comment (especially if you didnt know or cant help). I get it's not fb but I'm also very new to this so I just want to learn and do right by the original creation of this series. Oh, and fyi the parts dealer is a mass manufactured no help all inclusive years website for the Hond Cub series so thanks for that suggestion even though I already know (hence why I'm reaching out to my elders and seniors in the field). So if you have nothing useful or helpful for my project I politely ask you to no contribute any further to the discussion. Have a great day sir.

·
Super Moderator
935 Posts
So I didnt know these rules

So if you have nothing useful or helpful for my project I politely ask you to no contribute any further to the discussion.
I was trying to be as helpful as I can. But it seems like you won't LET me.
Now you have two strikes for being uncooperative and abusive.
One more inappropriate post and the choice to participate here will be taken out of your hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts