Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Constructive?

Ok.... early 1970s Yamaha TX 500.

Or maybe some other similar sized Yamaha motorcycle from the early '70s.
I think that is about as close as you are going to get.......a constructive wild guess......but it probably isn't far off.

When you ask a question in a public forum, you need to take whatever you GET.
Complaining about the quality of the answers will just get you ...................silence.

My personal opinion is:
I don't know why you are wasting your time with it.
It belongs in a salvage yard where they might be able to find a use for it.

· Registered
1996 Honda Shadow 1100
111 Posts
I used "Google images" to search for older metric bike seats, and a couple that were identified as 1970-1973 Yamaha seats had the same label regarding the battery vent tube.

But I didn't try to match all the hardware -- the location & measurements for every nut, bolt, and rubber grommet.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think that is about as close as you are going to get.......a constructive wild guess......but it probably isn't far off.

When you ask a question in a public forum, you need to take whatever you GET.
Complaining about the quality of the answers will just get you ...................silence.

My personal opinion is:
I don't know why you are wasting your time with it.
It belongs in a salvage yard where they might be able to find a use for it.
First off, I wasn't complaining about the second answer he gave me. When someone tells me that it belongs on eBay
and that it will bring more money once I identify the make and model first is NOT helpful. If I didn't know the answer to a question someone was asking I would simply move on...

· Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
If I didn't know the answer to a question someone was asking I would simply move on...
The point IS......that when you post in a public forum, you have a potential audience of THOUSANDS and not everybody has the same mentality as you do.
IF......you can't accept that without complaining about it, and potentially just starting a pointless argument, then it probably is YOU who should move on.

Not trying to be nasty here but that's just how it IS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts