Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Dear Konfused in Karlsbad:

They say you can find stuff on the internets. So I cut and pasted your sentence above into this thing called Google. It only found 479 sites that had information on your coils or had the part for sale. Here's the link. Put your mouse pointer on it and click, and then when the Google page comes up, you can click on the blue line that seems to have the coil for sale.

Happy Shopping!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i've been doing that for the past two months and they all say honda does not make it anymore. i've even tried all the salvage yards and they say maybe try again in a few days. so i've already done that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would buy a coil if i could find one. i've tried every parts store online and else where and they say honda does not make it anymore since two months ago. and i've tried that salvage yards and they say try again in a few days. so i've tried.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
yeah, i've been doing that for the past two months and they all say honda does not make it anymore. i've even tried all the salvage yards and they say maybe try again in a few days. so i've already done that.
It would have been a bit of a help to mention something about that, instead of appearing like the typical guy who comes on here looking for help that JUST DISCOVERED this "Internets-Thingie".

Coils used in a typical Kettering Ignition all work the same way, regardless of "brand". Have you considered adapting one from another bike? It may not be a direct fit, you'll have to be clever to overcome mounting-issues, but it would get you going.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's too bad

XL 250 - The XL Board

This place probably has the answer. It's too bad someone's had their feelings hurt. Between you guys and S2 everyone's gonna hate us, sniff.

Wasn't the feelings thing covered previously.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Hey !!!

XL 250 - The XL Board

This place probably has the answer. It's too bad someone's had their feelings hurt. Between you guys and S2 everyone's gonna hate us, sniff.

Wasn't the feelings thing covered previously.
I'm a nice guy, what did I do??????????

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'm a nice guy, what did I do??????????
I just looked over all the posts and I don't have a clue what he's talking about. Even Ken was fairly mild. All but two of the posts are attempts to help. Eff 'em if they can't take a joke. Who the heck do people think they are?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Really.....

I just looked over all the posts and I don't have a clue what he's talking about. Even Ken was fairly mild. All but two of the posts are attempts to help. Eff 'em if they can't take a joke. Who the heck do people think they are?
"why I just happen to have an N.O.S. XL250 coil right here in my garage.....I'll even pay overnight shipping !!"

·
Registered
956 Posts
Find out where he lives. I'll see if I can get over there to install it.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
While you're at it, you s'pose you could rebuild the engine, polish the cases, refurbish the frame, and install a set of Ohlins forks and shocks too?

Don't over-polish though, might ruin the resale-value.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.