Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A friend of mine is selling a 2001 BMW R850 R.. So the thing is.. what should I be aware of before buying this bike?

I´ve been looking for reviews for this BMW, with out luck.. Does some one know were I can find some info on this model?

Please help.

Thx.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I used this thing called Google and entered "BMW R850R review." I got 38,000 hits, so you may need to dig around.
With the right Publicity, I think this "Internets" thing might just catch on.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Hello,

A friend of mine is selling a 2001 BMW R850 R.. So the thing is.. what should I be aware of before buying this bike?

I´ve been looking for reviews for this BMW, with out luck.. Does some one know were I can find some info on this model?

Please help.

Thx.
The BMW R850R was only released in the United States in 1995 and 1996. I have to assume you are not in the US if your friend has a 2001.

Here are some reviews from other sites:
BMW R850R Sports Bike Review - Sports Bikes. Review of 237329
Motorcycle Buyers Guide - BMW R850R, R850R ABS

·
Registered
1 Posts
BMW R850R 2001 Model

Hello,

Please help.

Thx.
I bought a 2001 BMW R850 R a couple of years ago and am delighted with it. I used to have bikes as a teenager and after I turned 50 I decided I wanted to take up the hobby again. It's a great "starter bike" for someone like me who had not ridden a bike in some 30 years. It's a bit heavy (over 230 kgs) but very stable. The only flaw I can think of is that it suffers from the classic BMW notchy gearbox but that's only a minor issue. It rides beautifully and accelerates well too.

I'll try and attach a photo but I'm a bit of a techno-moron so I don't guarantee anything.

Phil Hutchins
Acapulco, Mexico

Attachments

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
The only problem I had with one I was going to buy was the pegs were too high, if you have longer legs that's something you need to take into account...

I just noticed the date on the original post....never mind, the bikes probably gone by now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.