Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Iron Horse and Big Dog are the fastest production custom motorcycles in the world. Thousands are leaving the cookie cutter Harley Davidson behind and daring to be DIFFERENT. Don't get me wrong HD is a great bike. I have one now and have owned many. It is like a 4 door stationing. It will get me to the grocery store. I ride my Big Dog Bulldog because it is like a sports car, FUN.

Go to rallies on your Harley Davidson and everyone has one like it. Go on your Big Dog or American Iron horse and watch the HD owners turn green with envy. Time to abandon our ancient thinking and DARE to be COOL again. Harley Davidson has lost their edge. So come on jump on-board. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I thought these were just another Harley-clone with an S&S engine? (not that I'm knocking S&S)

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
And remember folks, Crazy Crimson Jim's Iron Horse and Big Dog Dealership is located off of exit 24 right next to the Waffle House. At Crazy Crimson Jim's our motto is "If you ain't paying 5 grand over MSRP, than we ain't tryin' hard enough!"

So come on down and buy an authentic American Made Harley clone. Sure, you could just buy a Big Dog at your local HD dealership, but why do that when you can pay more with less selection!

Crazy Crimson Jim's Iron Horse and Big Dog Dealership, where our marketing budget has just bottomed out!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
You mean to tell me crimsonjim isn't just an overly enthusastic owner of his very own Harley clone.....

I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you......

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
American Iron did a review on an '08 Big Dawg last month. The guy picked it up at the factory and rode it about 1,000 miles to an event. Along the way the bike's ECU failed due to rain, it overheated and stalled in traffic, and there was one other pretty serious issue. At the end of the article he said: "In spite of the problems I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these bikes to anyone!"

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
QUOTE - At the end of the article he said: "In spite of the problems I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these bikes to anyone!"

Well, of course! He wants them to call him next time!

I mean, come on! Remember when the old MO (cue the Heavy Sigh) apparently p.o.'d Honda with a less-than-scintillating review? They couldn't get used toilet paper from Honda 'Murca for a coupla years!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I agree with you in at least one regard. If people want to buy and ride these things who am I to rain on their parade? That's provided they are clued in to just what death traps choppers can be. No reason not to have a forum for chopper guys on MO. Maybe we can talk a few into the wisdom of wearing a helmet when riding an ill-handling rig.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Missing shoot out,

So far I don't recall ever seeing a shoot out between the big American cruisers ie American Ironhorse Slammer, Big Dog, Big Bear Sled, Wild West Vigelante RF, Ruckers Peditor and so on.
I think this would make a great artical/story I my self am thingking about getting the Slammer but I would love to here what the pro's have to say about this elite group of American Pro Street cruisers.

And yeah why not through in the new V-Rex

Thanks
Walt

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
How can you say choppers are death traps? My chopper handles so much better than me HD street glide and I have benn riding for 25 years
I said choppers CAN BE deathtraps. I've ridden (and built) a few over the last 45 years of riding. Some of those custom frames flex like springs in a turn. Tiny front brakes? Please.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.