Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Neil Hodgson joins Eric Bostrom for Ducati in AMA Superbike

Can he win all three? Not bloody likely.

Reasons Hudgson will have a hard time making it on the podium; he will be racing on tracks he has never seen before, the 999 will be shod with Dunlop’s and not the Michelins he used to win WSB, Matt Mladin.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Hodgson is a nice guy and a helluva rider, but Ducati Austin already had a crap season with one of those. Here's hoping that Corse gets their bike in order (watch those rocks at Daytona!) and some stickier Michelins (or Dunlops) spooned on so we can see Boss and Hodgson on the box next year. I'm no Ducati *****, but anything that makes Superbike a deeper and more competitive field is welcome. Bring it on Neil!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts

Hodgson's coming to America? Hooray! Anything that keeps AMA roadracing interesting, and afloat, is a good idea in my book. Last season looked, more or less, like the Honda Cavalcade of They’ve got it all sewn up, so why bother anyway. Hodgson, on his Ducati, got flogged pretty good, in MotoGp last season. But, considering that Ducati’s main competition was the combined industrial might of Honda and Yamaha, there wasn’t much he could do other than take his beating. Thought I can’t say that I’ll be sporting Ducati Red, while sitting in front of my TV, Hodgson can do nothing but improve things over here. Last year’s AMA season was abysmal and it’s future looked dismal, and neither was a lot more interesting than my poetry. So, let’s hear it for AMA RoadRacing…Come to thing of it, don’t bother, the boys at the AMA are probably bludgeoning themselves in self-congratulation already. After all, that’s what they seem to do best.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Corse this is good.

05 looks like it may be worthwhile in AMA and World Superbike. MotoGP, well at least I'll be following it :). As far as Neil, the 03 World Superbike Champion joining Eric on the Duc over here... TOO BLOODY COOL!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts

Just wondering out loud but if Neil and Eric on the same team, what are the odds on the main team accent. Will Neil start saying y'all, and eating grits? Or will Eric start saying Bollock you all, and drinking warm beer?

And the Italian influence could have them on a serious pasta diet, and talking with their hands.

·
Registered
141 Posts

It's plausible that Ducati might switch to Dunlops in AMA for 2005. They were less than stellar with the Michelins last year, especially getting rear traction while leaned over (re: Eric's highside). It's kinda hard to see Ducati splitting with Michelin, but results speak for themselves and Dunlops are obviously the shizznizzle in AMA.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

I fear the twin is toast as the japanese start turning up the boost on their four-bangers. Seen that new gsxr1000? Ducati came this close to getting beat by private honda in WSB last season. As the tires catch up, and after honda had a year to develop their cbr... i see tough sledding ahead for ducati. maybe their 4cyl. will be ready for `06 season.

·
Registered
911 Posts

The more talent in the field, the more interesting and exiting the racing, and now that big names like MJ are getting involved in AMA racing is about time that the old boys in Ohio get their collective heads out of their a$$holes, and take a good look at what they could be achieving with a racing series like ours.

Maybe they could even get all of the manufacturers to participate, instead of having the series neutered by only having 3 of them on board. Oh well, we can dream...

·
Registered
911 Posts

I just read on Road Racing World website that Ducati Corse is going to have all of the factory supported teams running Bridgestone tires.

That would be very interesting in view of the great results that Makoto Tamada had on MotoGP this year on the Stones, we will see if that makes a difference for Bostrom and Hodgson.

I have a set of BT014's on my bike, and I'm very impressed with them.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

I think jb posted that just to get KPail the prophylactic started on another rampage.

All the AMA has to do is tweak the rules a bit like MotoGP does to keep the different engine configurations on a semi-level playing field.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.