Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
They didn't just "pay it back." They paid it back nine years ahead of time. Damn.

Tesla is outselling BMW, Merc, and Audi in thei luxury-sedan class. Seems like the product would have to be more than just a "green feel-good" exercise to do that.

Tesla has also rejected the dealership business model, which I think is great. I've never understood why car buying is such a bizzare ritual of games and BS. Polls show virtually everyone hates it, but we seem to be stuck with it. One of the Car and Driver editors said in his column last month that if Suzuki reenters the car market here they should follow Musk's model and "own their customers" instead of handing them off to some multi-line mega dealer.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
It has sold a few units in the market but I suppose if the other cars came with a $10,000 tax credit they might sell a few more too.

It is out of reach for the average consumer yet the average taxpayer is subsidizing it and you think that's a good thing.

Amazing.
What's truly amazing is how consistently wrong you are about virtually everything.

A couple months ago you declared Tesla dead and buried. Yet here they are, outselling the competition with a car that's won awards and/or top ratings from everyone from Car and Driver to Consumer Reports.

You wail incessently about the evil government using "your" money to invest in future technologies, yet here is Tesla, creating jobs, building a whole new transportation paradigm, and they paid back every cent of the loan they got to get started. Oh, but HOW they paid it back...well that's just not good enough for 'ol Buzzly. I'm sure it doesn't bother you when you get dividends paid for with stock price increases, now does it?

"Oh waah, the batteries are a nightmare...they'll clog the landfills and cost more than the car to replace." Except the car makers recycle them and their replacement cost is about the same a rebuilding a transmission.

"Oh waah, the range isn't good enough." Except it's now almost 300 miles and recharge stations are going up everywhere.

"Oh waah, the buyers get a tax credit." GM and Chrysler got multimillion dollar bailouts just to stay in business. So what? Aren't enough Americans out of work yet to suit you?

"Oh waah, the cars cost too much." Do you think everybody could afford gas cars when they first came out? No. The first cars were only for the wealthy, but they got cheaper over time. News flash: EVERY new technology is expensive at the start, then the prices go down. That's why a pocket calculator cost $400 in 1973, and now they cost $15...or less.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
So your signature achievement for Zero is a billionaire gets a 500 million dollar loan to sell cars to millionaires who get another ten grand from the taxpayers to buy it.

Plutocrat.
No, that would be Obamacare, possibly ending the wars, recovering our image abroad, or maybe ending the Bush recession. It's hard to pick when there's so many great choices.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Of course you are being absurd to highlight the absurdity that is the Federal Government. If not I suggest it may be time to increase you medication. You should not have to pay more if you are lucky enough to be part of the Obamacare collective. Regardless the rest of us producers will gladly cover any additional cost. Ride Safe.
Personally I think quoting a website that features articles like "How to Fortify Your Home" and "37 Things to Start Hoarding NOW!" is the absolute height of absurdity. But everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

At least they used to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.