Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a fun article, though I don't know how much it promotes motorcycling.

Ending the article with "Within a few minutes, I was experiencing five different dimensions of pain — everything from a gnawing sensation to the feeling of flesh being speared by bone" seems to be an odd note to leave on as this is exactly why people try to lecture us on riding.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Good Eats meets the streets. I love Alton Brown's cooking shows and like him even more now. No big deal about bikes being dangerous, even after he snapped a collar bone. The main focus is on the ride. As usual, Alton has good taste in bikes equal to his good taste on Good Eats.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Good or bad.

He has to be a better motorcycle spokesperson than the OCC gang. Got to love the BMW posterboy from an epicurean standpoint. It just wouldn't be the same on a V-rod.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I love watching this guys show. He tells the sicence behind the cooking. He has a lot of great input regarding some stuff you would never think of - and he's kinda funny as well.

I did know he rode - but he never mentions it on the show. Oh well.. maybe he will stop by for some great KC BBQ - and then we'll show him the twisties.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I did a biz trip like that myself one time. I rented a Geezer Glide in Charleston, SC. I rode up the Blue Ridge parkway to visit a client in Blowing Rock. Then it was down to the Pisgah National Forest for another meeting. From there I crossed SC to Myrtle Beach for my final meeting. I was wearing a tie when I rolled up. The guy I was meeting with said, "Only you would do something like this."

I closed the deal that day.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent article

I agree with 03zx12r, this guy is great. He rides for the fun not some group thing.. Definitely, a great example for the public.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alton is the man on my favorite network. After one of his x-mas shows, I have brining every fowl animal that blesses my kitchen. If my employer would let me out, I too, would ride to meetings. As it is, my 85 mile round trip daily sojourn is the best reason to get up in the morning: rain, shine or really cold.

Glad to see that he has followed my lead with a RT.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Get a bag for a real pair of shoes. I ride daily and leave two pair in the office (That's what that big drawer on the bottom is for.) For road trips I strick a pair in the hard cases (I have a BMW 1100RS.)

I ride to meetings very frequently. Once the folks get used to you showing up on the bike, it ceases to be a big deal. I have noticed that people are less willing to be confrontational when you show up on a bike - even a BMW. That's not a bad thing. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.