Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Then they (GPTB) have the nerve to complain about the stuff I post from my Google and Yahoo alerts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A long list of expectations for sure. Take a look at Vstrom 650, but that is probably more than you want to pay. KLR 650 fits most of your criterion, economical to operate but is not "quick". Suzuki M50 is cheap comfortable and economical and handles well for a cruiser. If you have stuck with the 250 for three years, I suspect "quick" is a relative term. Go Big. Vstrom 650 with abs. All the bike you will ever need.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have pretty much all the same requirements of a bike (minus the roll on wheelies, but I'll take em if I can get em), and I've been extremely happy with my DL650 V-Strom. The 07s have ABS available. You won't get the roll on wheelies (except maybe in 1st), but it's easy to clutch up if that's your thing.

If you're willing to spend a bit more and compromise a bit on the running costs, the new Triumph Tiger, the Multistrada, the Buell Ulysses, or maybe even an FZ1 will all lift the front quite easily. You're going to pay for it in gas and tires though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sounds like you are looking for a water-cooled (hot Konditions) 2-cylinder (torKe for wheelies) sportbike (fliKable) that fits your legs (Kant bend them very much ?). Or maybe a Speed Triple ?

Just don't Krash.

·
Registered
872 Posts
In case any of the replies above don't work for you, your answer can be found in this link here.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Used Suzuki DRZ400SM for the cheap, comfortablish, nimble, easy to maintain.

Suzuki VStrom is a better tourer and a bit quicker.

I'd find me an old Yamaha TDM in great shape and get all of the above.

And it's rude to put everything in metrics when consulting a mostly 'merican group of possible respondents. Next thing you know, well be asked things that involve stones and Newtons.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.