Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
eleven and a half Gs....with the bags, it will be twelve and a half big ones. can u imagine riding on that passenger seat? why doesn't someone wise up and do what everyone wants harley to do: let them use the revolution engine...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think Erik has done it again. For those in the past who complained about passenger comfort, the new XB12ss is a good choice and for those who like adventure/sport/tourers, the Ulysses (XB12x) should fit the bill quite nicely. If The XB12x came out last year, I wouldn't have gotten my V-Strom and then recently, my XB9sx City Cross! It could have taken the place of both. However, I wouldn't trade either bikes (or my other one) now, as I like them for what they are. As far as the belt for offroad, I wonder. I've heard that they are more likely to be damaged by a rock fragment inbetween the belt and the cogs, but I'm sure Erik would know this and have gone with a new, improved belt that can hold up. I feel he would not have overlooked such an important concern, so I would have to trust him on this. I wonder if the fly/wind screen on the Ulysses could be adapted to my City Cross?

By the way, my purchases on both my City Cross and my V-Strom 650 I can blame (or thank?) Sean-Right on both times!

PS-Thank you Erik!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Adventure Touring market segment is hot-hot-hot, and popular all over. If this new XB12X is anywhere near as good as it looks, it may prove to be Buell's best seller. The XB line is a solid base to build upon, and its adaptability to various roles is testament to its goodness. The whole line has been updated in the details; for example, the new smoother-shifting trans and increased fuel capacity are applied to all the bikes.

Good work Buell, a worthy model-year refresh and a probable big hit with the Ulysses!

·
Registered
579 Posts
New Trannies

Am I the only one here that caught that little blurb about "All 2006 buells will recieve a new redesigned dog-ring transmission"????

tranny without gears...

I'm thinking this is a pretty big upgrade.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
My .02

The name is just goofy. I like the bike though. It might be the perfect application for the Buell motor.

I'm a little concerned about the muffler beneath the frame for a bike that claims to have off-road capabilities. Instead of "casing it" you can say I "mufflered it."

Is the perimeter brake rotor too close to the ground and if the front wheel goes into a rut will the rotor get scuffed?

Hey Sean: If you call me more than two hours in advance I'll be happy to help you test it!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Heard around

There have been parts of a certain print mag's comparo with the Multistrada and the BMW circulating around. If you haven't seen them yet, I won't give them away. But, let's say you're on to something.

No word yet on the muffler or the brake disk yet. But I'm pretty sure this bike is not meant for serious off-roading.

You guys that can actually ride off-road are pretty lucky. There's almost nowhere to do it around here.

·
Registered
512 Posts
So just how much better would this new redesigned dog-ring transmission shift??

Would it feel like a new Japanese built transmission?

I know I love the idea of an easier clutch pull. My 04 XB12S will just kill me in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
The long

Did you notice they also have a model based on the XB12 called the "long." It has the longer wheelbase of the Ulysses to accomadate a longride-sized guy or perhaps a passenger.

I might point out that H-D's brands now include the Long and the Night Rod.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: The long

Jeez, did you read the little blub at the top of the post? I was sure to mention the Long.

I wonder what the Harley/Buell product planning people are doing on their free time?

I think the "Morning Rod" is coming next.

Eh, I meant it will arrive next.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts