Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
All I have to know is that Syria, France, Argentina and Pakistan are ecstatic. You will again find out why inaction hurts a lot worse than action. It took 12 years for people to forget that. It probably will only take them about 2 to remember. Everybody that never did anything is a genius in your mind. Go ask Barack Obama, the Black Jimmy Carter. He's done so little that he's the Dems choice for Prez. Ain't that classic?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I'm 49 JB. I wouldn't have any problem with military service. I was very close to joining Navy ROTC right out of HS. Wanted to fly jets. I chose to be a firefighter instead. It was one or the other. During Vietnam my brother joined the Army and served 2 tours with the 101st Airborne Div. in 67 and 68, which is why I also thought about military service. I spent 17 years putting my life on the line in public service. How about you?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Union doesn't help much. You aren't allowed to strike, which is the only real way to get action. Get fired for that. So the unions only real support is money and lawyers, which help alot, but the advantage is always with the city. Free market works both ways man. I can't take my pension, or seniority from department to department. I start as a rookie at base pay if I switch department and lose both pension and seniority. I am retired from the FD, and believe me, it's MUCH easier to survive in the free market. I can tell my employer to go f$ck off if I don't like them, and get a better job and better pay with the experience I earned, which I have done twice. Can't do that with the FD. FD is a great job, but limiting in many ways. I know you were in the service JB. You are one of the guys that makes this country great.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Cmon, we're going in a new direction. Haven't you heard that everything is going to be all right now? Ever hear the saying 'Same circus with different clowns'?? Kinda fits I think.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You are the one and only JB. You love shaking the tree and seeing what falls out. I'm just on the other side of the tree. Plus, I'm not much younger than you either JB. You just got better drugs there in Cali than we did here Chicago.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I just got 2 love notes from the same Illinois State Trooper last week. I guess lane splitting and speeding really are illegal here! He was one pissed off MF'er when he pulled me. I guess he didn't like my Hayabusa, or the way I was riding it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.