Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: kpaul's risky strategy to win the war in Iraq

Republicans controlled the White House in 75. Nixon had had about six years to make his 'secret plan' work. I know guys who took the same hill three or four times. They would hand it over to the South Vietnamese, and they would give it back. The REAL lesson of Vietnam is, just like in real life, you can't help someone who won't help themselves. There is one difference between this war and Vietmam, however. Dubya's Dad can't get him out of this one.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
To be serious for a moment, I got worried when Dubya started saying that maybe we should set some benchmarks, and when these are achieved, we bring some troops home. It sounded reasonable to me. The President of Iraq said America can't tell them what to do. WTF? If they will not even attempt to oh, I don't know, improve security, or keep the damn power on, or disarm the death squads, how is anything going to get any better? We may actually end up having to THREATEN to go home to get them to do any of the things a government is supposed to do. Stupid got us into this, I don't see how Feckless can mess it up any worse. "All we are saying, is give Feckless a chance."

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Friend of mine has an ST4 with one of them there two sided type swingarms. Like most bikes, the little marks on each side are useless, so he has to go through this elaborate ritual every time he adjusts his chain. (OK, he's a bit anal) He whomps my VFR's ass every chance he gets on this particular looooong straightstretch just because he can, but he would trade swingarms in a New York Minute. Loosen the little bolt, use the spanner thingy (it's real name escapes me at the moment) to achieve Just Enough Tension to let you touch the rub strip if you give the chain a nice firm shove, tighten down the little bolt, be sure everything is still all right, and bob's your uncle.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: B.S.

My lying politician can beat up your lying politician! Or maybe he lied about that too. I think the only place where the crime rate is higher than it is in the Ghetto is inside the beltway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.