Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Gridlock!!! Yahoo!!!

When they are gridlocked, none of them can F#$k up my life. I think that should be our goal as citizens, to elect people who collectively CANNOT make any new laws, raise any taxes, or enact any "reforms".

Fingers Crossed.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
He forgot that in 1992 the Clinton mantra was "It's the economy stupid". In 2006 it became "It's the Iraq war stupid".

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
There is. Sport bikes will still be the young man's bike of choice as long as young men have too much testosterone.. Naked/Street-fighter bikes based on sport bikes and Sport Tourers will become the next gens cruiser no way are they going to ride Fat-boys, Sportsters, Geezer Glides..

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Yeah. It's fun to pick on these guys and they usually deserve it but I've met a few State legislators and they've been by and large very decent folks. For some reason when they gather together in groups in their govt palaces they come up with the most idiotic ideas.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep I thought I submitted that story but maybe not. I was too busy collecting bets from the election... :)

The MV is a pretty bike..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Bummer. I guess this means you can't practice for our big race on the road anymore... you poor bastard.. :) just kidding..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
LOL that is why I tagged my comments on the end of the threads. no one can pin this diversion on me... I guess I like the looks of the motogp bike better than this bike. but I hated the 999. Even in the flesh I thought the front end was dorky.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Oh yeah, the new Ducati looks the shyt. Who knew the dead V-Twin maker would come up with this one?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Well they can't race it yet.. I am sure they will get WSB to make it legal though. AMA will say sure come on over.. Won't matter though Mladin, Spies, and Hayden will kick the obsolete twins butt. As will E Bostrom, Hacking, and R Hayden.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Pardon me for awakening the thread nazis.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I like it. I think it does a nice job of blending the overall lines of the 916-998 with the 999 and contemporary touches. And it still definitely looks like a Duc.

Then again, I never really disliked the 999. It didn't look like the 916, but in person--and taken in its own right--it had a lot going for it.

I wonder what the designer on this project felt when he was assigned it. Excitement or dread? On one hand, anything that is hailed as an improvement on the 999 will be considered a success. On the other hand, every Ducati superbike until the end of time will be compared to the 916. And even the most successful designs will be dismissed by many because it's "not a 916," a bike which, frankly, for all its beauty, has taken on a somewhat exaggerated legendary status.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm sure it's lovely, but a single-sided swingarm? Sure, I probably couldn't tell the difference - but for a race-replica, it seems to be a step backwards, not forwards.

I actually liked the 999 - it grew on me over time, even if the price / performance ratio was simply retarded.

By the way, I know it's inferior - but *why* is a V-2 objectively worse than a V-4? I know it is, in terms of specific output, but what's the reason? Is it valve area (i.e., lower flow), inferior combustion-chamber dynamics, or what?

cdg

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: kpaul's risky strategy to win the war in Iraq

Can't partition - Turkey would never stand for it (Kurdistan). It'll take a few years yet before troops leave Iraq regardless of what we do; and remember, Ahmadenijad is a lunatic who would likely take advantage were we to leave. As a mostly Shi'ite country, it would be...challenged...to exist on its own.

Your first sentence is right on, though - an immediate "redeployment" to Okinawa or wherever is a plan for a disaster.

cdg

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Longer stroke i believe. Therefore fewer RPM. I think that gas tank is from original 916 mold is it not?

Also, W is an idiot. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: Gridlock!!! Yahoo!!!

I'm with you on that one. Only the pols and the media thing gridlock is a bad thing.

The less they do the better.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts