Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems fair enough, although I'm always scared of giving LE officers too much discretion. I've taken the BRP many times by cage, motorcycle, and bicycle, and it certainly is not a racetrack. I've generally had positive experiences with the rangers, who seem less interested in generating revenue and more interested in the more important duties. I've had them wave or flash lights to slow down, but I've never been pulled over. The BRP is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace. The other small roads nearby, however, are wickedly fun (and generally safe to enjoy). I'm thinking of Cherohala Skyway, the Dragon (Deal's Gap), and almost all of the roads within 50 miles of there, as well as the various country roads running up and down the Blue Ridge mountains.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hopefully it'll slow down the pinheads driving the Subies/Mitsus/Hondas, etc. who don't appreciate their limitations.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Proper Motivation

"Visitors come from all

over the country for nice leisurely rides, not to watch the races."

Well, Jeez, that's the problem right there, isn't it?

Y'know in Germany they have the Nurburgring, which is essentially a public racetrack. I say we do the same thing with the Blue Ridge. Just turn it over to the speed-addled pistonheads of the country. It's about time!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Re: Proper Motivation

We need something like that or more track days etc. It's hard to find places to ride agressively where you won't hurt someone or get tickets. With urban sprawl the speed limits on some country roads in King County (near Seattle WA) have gone from 50 to 40 and even 35. The more wealthy the landowners along the road the slower the speed limits.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I hate to see the Oficers givin this much discresionary power unchecked, a flat rate seems more fair. The attitude factor in tickets usually means that if a cop didn't get laid the night before, you are f*cked.

That being said I don't object to calming the BRP down. It is one of the most scenic roads to travel. Although I have riden it at a very agressive rate on a time or two, and it is a fun ride both ways.

Wait, strike that, the BRP is congested, boring, loaded with RVs, SUVs, Treehuggers, and rangers with radar at every turn. Stay away it s#cks as a ride.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yeah. Everybody should stay away from the mountain roads of Utah and Idaho too. They all suck real hard. Don't come here.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Say that again, I'll never forget how boring it was to ride through Idaho. God I had to fight off sleep the whole way.

Now you squidly types that want a great ride, just go to N and S dakota. Once you are off the highway, just pick a road. Man the scenery is great, and the roads are the most challenging in the whole country. Makes Deals Gap look like a straight line.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is BS!

First of all... It's not the "tail of the Dragon" you dorks, that's just the shop name. It's just: The Dragon.

Second: No way a freakin' Cop should have that much authority.

What they need to do is close the Dragon to through traffic. There is at least one trucking company that routes its rigs through there on purpose. Imagine this... 318 curves in 11 miles... That's exactly where your big rigs need to be! Fools!

What they need to do is make it a little motorcycle paradise. Make it one way, and build a little one way service road that completes the loop back to the other side. That way you could ride the Dragon, then ride the service road back to the top. The accidents that happen there are almost all related to some idiot pushing his cage to hard, or a semi taking turns that are to sharp for them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I checked the story again, and if this quote is right:

"So this month, U.S. Chief District Court Judge Graham Mullen changed the law, allowing rangers to write speeders up a $500 ticket per offense on the spot."

This means a Judge, not an elected official change the punishment allowed by law. I thought a judge could interpret the law but not impose a law.

I might be spliting hairs, but it seams that a rich speeder could have this overturned. Buz get out there and get a ticket to save us all, you can fleece some Fallwell faithfull to pay for the attorney.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Fine new fine structure

Here's a tip:

Put a giant chrome luggage rack on your bike. The cops won't even notice you. It's the pocket protector of motorcycledom. The cloak of invisibility.

You can be doing a stand-up 120 mph wheelie, and all the man will see is that luggage rack, glinting in the sun.

"Blink.Blink. Probably just goin' to pick up some groceries, Joe."

"I need a doughnut, Bill. Let's roll over to Winchells. See if they've got some of those double glaze crullers."

See? Because of the "Luggage Rack" effect, they didn't even see you. All they saw was a shiney-sparkley thing fly by, going way too fast, and it short-circuited their already overloaded senses.

I've got a few for sale, if anyone wants one.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You aren't splitting hairs. The Imperial Judiciary is a direct result of the inaction of cowardly State and Federal Legislatures which have bought into the fiction that only a judge can have an opinion on what the law intends or means. The refusal of these bodies to reign in the judiciary has resulted in totalitarian-like rule by these arrogant dictators in black robes.

He'll do this because the State Legislature doesn't have the [email protected] to impeach his @ss.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
A job for Buz

I agree with you. The Judge shouldn't being doing this. Thomas Jefferson said appointing judge for life terms etc was a bad idea. How many judges get impeached? Not many. Yep Buz needs to take that Brutale for a spin on the Parkway get a ticket and do a story on it. Heck with all that money he conned my relatives out of down in the Bible Belt he should have no problem beating the rap.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.