Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 64 Posts

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Re: Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

Yawn. I was referring to USA sales and both Buell and Triumph sell similar numbers. Still doesn't explain why Triumph gets lauded for its forward thinking and Eric gets lambasted for, well, his forward thinking. On second thought, it is explained.

Bigotry.

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Well, the score so far for dyckweed is 9 posts out of 52. A bit down from that 12 out of 36 thread where he promised he was done at post 4.

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
The legislature passes a law. The governor signs it. Naturally the legislature is absolved of all responsibility. Only the governor is to blame.

This is as stupid as blaming Reagan entirely for the deficits of the 80s. It shows a complete lack of understanding of our constitutional system of checks and balances.

It makes life easier for those with limited intellects, though.

Don't forget that the Bush brothers are also responsible for floods, hurricanes, earthquakes and global warming.... on Mars!

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
What is really interesting is that Europe, where everyone is so much smarter and where licenses for all require more training, has 130,000 fatalities for 462 million people while the USA, where we are all stupid and can't drive, has 42,000 fatalities for 300 million people.

I guess that all that training and restriction doesn't do diddly squat.

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Maybe, but shouldn't the superior licensing policies and the innate cultural superiority of the Europeans coupled with the better visibility while driving afforded by the lofy heights from which the Europeans look down their noses at everyone else make up for the population density difference? After all most of the USA's population of unsophisticated riffraff lives in urban centers too.

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Re: Sources, Please

Ha! If you can find a broker who performs better than a balanced S&P 500 portfolio you'd better bronze him.

Data came from the World Health Organization. Part of the Lefty Canon of Holy Organizations. All kneel.

According to CARE in 2004 Britain had 551 m/c deaths. France had 804. Italy had 971. The Deutsche didn't report.

The USA had 4028 Fatalities according to NHTSA.

All three EU nations have populations of about 60 million. So figuring in population gives a death rate in Britain less than the US, France is about the same and Italy is worse.

Bottom line: If you send an idiot to motorcycle safety training you get a motorcycle safety trained idiot. I'm not against training. Not at all. I just don't think the benefits will affect the total stats that much.

1 - 6 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.