Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Yes, you are so spot-on GMP. Triumph is the largest manufacturer of V-4 Sportbikes in the World................

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Try this one on: The US Dept of Ed. should be disbanded and the education system should be operated by the State or privatized institution- Period. Without competition in education how do we excel? Healthcare run by Gov't is Socialized medicine and at best should be ILLEGAL. Child care- Not the state or the Feds responsibility- You can't afford the child care, you can't afford the child- move on. Elderly- the RICHEST population in the US based on per capita income. Stop the Handouts for the "give me" generation. Living wage- Fvck that. Free market- earn what you're worth. If your skills suck to bad. Vacation pay- between you and your employer- if it's not in the agreement tough nuggies "und so weiter".

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
If you continue with rider's education, you will most certainly get a break on the insurance. Almost EVERY company that write motorcycle policies in this country give it. ASK.

We, Americans, are stuck in a situation where the DMVS of every state are using licensing procedures that are decades old. The reason policy makers don't fix them is because somewhere, somehow it will loose them votes. And so it goes........

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I couldn't find anything in the press release that said anything about "younger buyers." As for the bikes:

"The launch in early 2006 of the award-winning Daytona 675 supersports bike and the unique, 50’s-inspired Triumph Scrambler have both contributed to Triumph’s strong sales performance.

"Tue Mantoni, Commercial Director, says, "New models are extremely important to driving growth and we are very pleased with the reception of both the Daytona 675 and Scrambler, and the recently launched all-new Triumph Tiger. In addition, it has been great to see demand continuing to increase across the rest of our range, with models like the Rocket III, Speed Triple and our retro-styled modern classics appealing strongly."

Of the six bikes they mention, one is a cruiser and two are retro bikes. Then you have the Tiger, which I don't believe slews young. That leaves two models, the 675 and Speed Triple, which can be said to have "youth appeal" according to you. And again, nowhere do I see mentioned growth with younger buyers.

Perhaps the reason it wasn't accepted as a news item is that it contains more unsupported opinion than news.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Wrong Course

Nope I'll see if I can find it.. That wasn't it...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

"Together with Triumph’s focus on distinctive stylish design, it has attracted a significant number of younger customers. Triumph’s global customer research shows that over the last few years the proportion of customers aged under 35 years, buying a new Triumph, has more than doubled. This customer segment now represents almost a quarter of all Triumph’s customers."

Prehaps I have better search engines, alerts etc than you read more here

Also this also prove seruzawa wrong i.e. he said Buell sold more motorcycles than Triumph..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Agreed Excellent Point

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
orcyclist You nailed it.... you make a lot of sense.. "Oh, I forgot, it's America, land of the free and home of the stupid and home of the AMA. A really first class bunch of morons that campaigns against rational safety measures. Remember Florida still has no helmet law." Well said..You have my vote for AMA president and when can you start. P.S. I agree with you about the pilot thing I have 20 hours of pilot training from a long time ago. My goal is to start again.. I see the same similarities.. Also you may be to intelligent for this forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Who thinks this is unfair? Certainly not responsible riders who actually care about being good at what they (we) do on a bike! We all took Drivers' Ed. in HS, and had to get a learners' permit before a license...So why should we be surprised when we see that Florida, a state where way too many biking deaths have occurred in the pasy few years, should want to try and do something to change that trend? Why is it that we (as a group) can more easily justify $1000 worth of chrome and "doo-dads" before we can justify the purchase of a good helmet and some professional instruction? GIMME A BREAK! Do any of us think that twe have NOTHING to gain from a few days of learning to be better motorcyclists? Maybe you'd rather stay home and clean the gutters for the "little woman"?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Post... Careful the GPTB will try to pound those logical thoughts out of your mind.. If they ask you how you feel about ksquid/kpaul, say he is an idiot.... That way your cover won't be blown..

kpaul

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent point well said..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep and they all star the same guy who runs around without a shirt on...

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Actually, I thought Florida just repealed/weakened their helmet law a year or two ago.

I partially agree with you about the AMA - there are far more important things to me than the fight the AMA and ABATE carries on about helmets.

And the constituency they both seem to attract is rigidly anti-helmet, not just anti-helmet-law.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven’t lived in Florida for 35 years, but I "growed up" there. What the heck are they thinkin’? Back in the day, you could get a "restricted" license (learner’s permit) at 14. That required a written test (that writing part eliminated about half the applicants). After that, you could legally operate a motorcycle on public highways as long as it didn’t have more than 5 BHP. Once you turned 15, the HP restriction came off. GO FOR IT! (I cut loose with a CB77). I didn’t take a motorcycle test until the Navy spit me out at age 24 in a state that somehow thought a written test administered to a 14 year old might not be a good evaluation of riding skills. Bazdards!

Skills training? Tiered licensing? It’s not nice to fool Mr. Darwin!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

Odd... that paragraph doesn't appear in Triumph's official release (I didn't use my obsolete search engine - I went right to Triumph's website.)

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

Oh, yes, and it does seem that Seruzawa was in error.

For those keeping score, that's Seruzawa 246 - Kpaul 1.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gee, big surprise! Most of the increased carnage started when Jeb Busch repealed the mandatory helmet law. In a state that has a mandatory seat belt law, that makes no sense to me at all. Making the safety course a requirement is probably a good idea. Rider education is the most effective way to reduce accidents, however, having that helmet on can be damned beneficial when you screw up or the offending trespasser is upon you without any warning.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Yawn. I was referring to USA sales and both Buell and Triumph sell similar numbers. Still doesn't explain why Triumph gets lauded for its forward thinking and Eric gets lambasted for, well, his forward thinking. On second thought, it is explained.

Bigotry.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts