Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Name one thing..

I don't know what to tell you it's in the French and English versions.. IAbout your score kpaul vs seruzawa it is totally wrong. I was right about the war, velocity affecting energy in a crash, V Twins in racing, Ducati using a V-4 in MotoGP, W's reckless fiscal policy, dollar devaluation against the euro, sportbikes have better brakes than cruisers.. the list goes on and on... Name one thing seruzawa was right about and I was wrong.. You can't ....He was even wrong about interest rates and gas prices.... Opps I said too much now seruzawa will phone Gabe again and cry like a baby to get me off the site... You started it..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

OK I am sorry.. I must of misunderstood you.. Thank s for clearing that up.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Actually, I always found that being in a car was the most beneficial when an offending tresspasser was upon me. If I was going to 'dress for a crash', I would surround myself with a couple thousand pounds of steel, wouldn't you? Anyone that would choose a helmet and a jacket over that is a moron by definition.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You miss the point. The post was yet another example of how the Busch (sic) brothers are single-handedly ruining this country...

I recommend that you grab a bottle of your favorite malt beverage sit back, and think about it for awhile. You will soon realize that it is important for you to conform to someone else's notion of "safe enough." (But careful to avoid those Anheuser-Busch products, though - they're part of the conspiracy too, you know!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
When are any states going to require a driver refresher coure or defensive driving to renew a license? Training for motorcyclists is fine, what about the millions of "drivers"?

Oh, I'm also an MSF instructor. I see the system getting overwhelmed unless drastic steps are taken.

I'm tired of the "state" being so concerned for my safety. Let me die the way I want to.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Oh, don'tcha think Dub mighta had just a wee mite bit O' bi-partisan help there?

Methinks 99.999% of Bush (or Clinton, or Kerry, or Gore) Hat'az should note the 2x4 stickin' out of their own eye before complaining of the sawdust speck in the eye of those they vilify.......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My bike is my only transport, it cost 1800.00 dollars and my helmet is a Icon on bought from newenough.com for 64.00 dollars. My nighthawk insurance is a 100 bucks a year. Two hundred dollars is a lot to force me to pay when the largest threat to my safety is one of the thousands of car drivers with poor training, if any.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

You nailed it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
This is misguided legislation, lets force a small minority of road users to get additional training. They should focus on making the majority of road users get additional training first. There are thousands of unlicensed, uninsured and untrained auto drivers out there that pose a much larger risk as a whole than an 18 year old with a CBR.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Nailed what?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
You talkin 'bout a new iPod Nano?

Ooooh, that IS a tough call. Lemme ponder......

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Well, the score so far for dyckweed is 9 posts out of 52. A bit down from that 12 out of 36 thread where he promised he was done at post 4.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
The legislature passes a law. The governor signs it. Naturally the legislature is absolved of all responsibility. Only the governor is to blame.

This is as stupid as blaming Reagan entirely for the deficits of the 80s. It shows a complete lack of understanding of our constitutional system of checks and balances.

It makes life easier for those with limited intellects, though.

Don't forget that the Bush brothers are also responsible for floods, hurricanes, earthquakes and global warming.... on Mars!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like it or not the village idiots have spoiled it for the rest of us so get ready for the crackdown. I guess if we look to our winged brothers in the sky and how the certification process works maybe some new rules might clean things up. If you have to spend thousands of dollars on a private pilots license then you are not going to perform a stupid barn storming flight just to lose it. Make the motorcycle license something special to obtain and people will respect the sport a little more. Please don't give me "It's my right to drive anything I want and how I want to." When your dumb A$$ causes my insurance rates to go up then we all lose our rights.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
What is really interesting is that Europe, where everyone is so much smarter and where licenses for all require more training, has 130,000 fatalities for 462 million people while the USA, where we are all stupid and can't drive, has 42,000 fatalities for 300 million people.

I guess that all that training and restriction doesn't do diddly squat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thats not that interesting

The Europeans 462 million people are cramed into 1,674,444 sq miles. The U.S. population is spread over 9,161,923 sq miles.

These two situations are not really compairable. Yes, you are more likely to die or get an accident in a densely populated european city than in the middle of kansas. The German or British countryside is more akin to the outer suburbs of a large American City.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Colorado has basically accomplished the same thing by making it almost impossible to get an appointment to take the "road" (it's in a parking lot) test required for a motorcycle endorsement, while allowing proof of completion of the MSF course to substitute for that portion of the test. I suppose that if they consider a five minute test given in a parking lot strewn with cones a sufficient test of riding skill, then the MSF course is a reasonable substitute. The MSF are marketing geniuses. If you can convince the gummint to make your product mandatory, riches await. The article doesn't say but I wonder if Florida mandates that the safety course be the MSF course, as Colorado does.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Maybe, but shouldn't the superior licensing policies and the innate cultural superiority of the Europeans coupled with the better visibility while driving afforded by the lofy heights from which the Europeans look down their noses at everyone else make up for the population density difference? After all most of the USA's population of unsophisticated riffraff lives in urban centers too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sources, Please

Where did your data come from? And is it including Russia, Poland, Yugoslavia, Turkey and other countries where things might be a little more fast and loose, with horrible ex-Soviet cars and busses? And let's stick to the point; what about the rate of motorcycle fatalities?

If that's how you make your conclusions I am glad you're not my broker.

-Gabe

41 - 60 of 64 Posts