Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That tail is ... uh... interesting... I wonder how tempting it would be to secure a bag over the back "parcel shelf", unkowingly or accidentally obscuring your brake light?

Wierd.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I test road a Firebolt in Loudon during bikeweek, and it is a wonderful machine. The riding position is too much for my old body, but in the new guise it ought to give any of the other naked roadsters a run for their money. Now let's see the Revolution motor in one !

Bravo Buell !

·
Registered
173 Posts
Another progressive move for H-D. I like the front end treatment better than the FireBolt, but the tail section is a bit funky. I also think the frame and swing arm would look less bulky if dark anodized. All in all, impressive year for Buell. Now,with the next generation light weight water-cooled twin from H-D this bike would be highly desirable. Perhaps the KTM LC8 engine would fit...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey, Man,

A bottle of agua and AND a jumbo bar of soap?

The end of the ride is lookin' better and better. At the end of 40 miles, I can have actually worn my leathers without driving off every female inside five clicks.

If Buell would just throw in...um...a kitchen sink, we'd be all set.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Better late than

Glad you MO guys finally acknowledged the new Buell. I was starting to wonder if you guys were all adopting the Burn's work ethic. :) Thanks Hackfu for restoring my faith.

I love the looks and the lower pegs. Give Buell an A for innovation and A+ for making the best out of what he is given by Harley i.e. the motor.

How about a side by side comparo Lighting vs. Bolt sometime kind of like a SV650 and SV650S comparo

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well I like it even more than the firebolt. My only problem is that I use my bike for transportation. I need saddlebags or a place to hang them more than a place to keep my soap. I do think that the ergonomics look better for my type of riding. Does anyone know if anyone is going to design saddlebags for it?

Dave

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dude, I can appreciate the utility of saddlebags. But this bike is for playtime and draggin knees. Put saddlebags on a CB750 Nighthawk (I did). I'll wave when I pass you.

GOB

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree it looks custom-designed to result in a lawsuit the first time somebody does that and ends up getting rear-ended. Never mind it would take some stupidity on the part of the operator (other lawsuits have demonstrated that is totally irrelevant).

·
Registered
236 Posts
I hate this look

But if no one hates something, then its usually so bland that no one loves it either.

Buell has definately decided to go their own way stylistly and I applaud them for it. Too bad I don't like the route they've chosen.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The front end is a bit easier on my eyes than the fairing on the front of the Firebolt (which looks as though they'd forgotten the supports and the thing's just gonna waggle around over every bump), but the first word outta my mouth when I looked at the pic of the tail was, "weird!"...Then again, that's Buell for ya.

I found the 9R to be much more attractive in person, than in pictures, so I'll reserve my judgement (a bit) until I have seen the 9S up close.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the "parcel shelf" will be the first thing to get thrown in the neighbors pool when people get the bike home. Hopefully, that was Buell's thinking as well and there's a sweet, non-homologation replacement piece that bolts on in about 2 minutes and tucks those turn signals and the license plate up under the seat where they belong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So there I was in the new local Harley dealership and I spotted the Firebolt and mosied on over to check it out. I agree it looks more impressive in person, but I'm bothered by something and wonder if it is significant or not. The bazooka canister they call an exhaust terminates an inch or two in front of the rear tire, with the actual exhaust pipe emptying right in front of the tire. Wouldn't that subject the tire to unnecessary heat? Tires can get overcooked and lose their capabiliities. Hey MO, when you had the firebolt what did you experience? Any other owners out there care to weigh in?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
This one looks like something I would give a test ride. The 9R I never even bothered to sit on as it just wouldn't fit me. If I actually bought one of these I would need a case of Preparation H to shrink that hemorrhoid on the back end. Whoever designed that thing needs to be lashed with a wet noodle and put in a room with KPaul for a week. That should cure him. JK KPaul! Better design overall for the target market.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts