Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a helmet that is cool, yet quiet. I know that it is usually impossible to have both, but I'm still trying. I would like a open face or flip-up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need a helmet that is cool, yet quiet. I know that it is usually impossible to have both, but I'm still trying. I would like a open face or flip-up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Have you already decided what helmet should you purchase?

Better consider these things first before purchasing one.

1. Does it meet the DOT standard?
2. Is it quality-made?
3. Does it fit your style?
4. Does it offer full protection?

Hope this might help too! Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I used to ride a shoei 1/2 and bought a Cirus (low end) full for the colder weather but replaced the old shoei with a Scorpion 3/4, and havent worn the full helmet since.
The Scorpion has a great sunvisor and with the faceshield on, it provides me as good wind protectin as any full helmet Ive worn. The optics are great and when in the up postion its complately out of the way and dont catch wind (youll forget its there) and when in down position you cant see any of the edges so it dont obstruct your field of view at all.
If your wanting a full helmet for injury protection I realize none of this helps but I was never comfortable with the narrowed visability from the bigger helmets and once read an article comparing the weight of the helmet to whiplash injuries and they actually being more common then facial contact. That article (if I remember correctly) was in Boulevard magazine back in about 1995 and thats why I decided on the smaller shoei helmet, which I honestly was never satisfied with.
Good luck

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I look for the lightest full face when I buy a helmet. no matter how comfortable in the showroom a heavy helmet really sucks for all day riding. Currently I'm running an Arai Astral I got on Ebay for $250.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Cycle gear has Shoei RF1000s marked down now due to the RF1100 being released. The 1000 is the lightest, quietest full-face I've ever used.

Apparently, Snell has changed its standards for 2010. The helmets will now be a little softer inside which requires a larger external shell to meet crash standards. We'll all look like the grand Kazoo going forward.

Remember when Motorcyclist did that test which resulted in them claiming that Snell standards made the helmets too hard? They took a great deal of grief for that.

I wonder why Snell is now changing it's standard?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Open face or Flip up motorcycle helmets available at this site www.nexx-usa.com, It will make biking more safe and give you a dashing look. Find models such as artic white, black moon, red passion, grey reflex, magnetic blue and many more to fit your choice. Purchase reasonable priced helmets with removable and washable linings, models available both for men, women and kids. Specially designed with a view to fulfill your style, versatility and safety at reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts

Thanks

Dude stay away from open face or flip helmets, they will not be as safe as a full face helmet. I suggest an Arai, why not even Seru wears one, gotta be good:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.